Solace Aquatics LLC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
how can I test it to make sure, I just have tank running with nothing in the tank.it looks good but dont have no sand in the sump either,just see dirt move little

Use a sterile cotton ball. Throw it in the fuge and observe its behavior. If it blows around all willy-nilly than chances are you have too much flow in the fuge. However, it moves from one side to another slowly, you're good t go!

Good Luck!

ricwilli

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Today was a good day, installed both pumps for the return to the tank, One pump for each side of the tank. Now I have good flow!! I also installed one sea swirl on one side and on the other side I used to have it come out to two 3/4 Loc-lines and reduced it to One with a Flare Nozzel now. I guess this was the problem and I can;t wait to install the 2 Vortechs vp40's.
Also how do you know if there is to much flow going thru your fuge?

Let my build start again!!!!!!!!!!

Jarrett, I'm glad to see things are moving along and working out for you. I'll be looking forward to your progress.

+1 on what Solace Aquatics LLC said about the flow.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
just fixed the leaks today and I think I have to much flow now in the sump now,
might add a seprate fuge but confused if I should tee of one of my main drains.this will give me two in main sump and one off the fuge.I will have a bulkhead on top of fuge that will connect to pump section.
will this work?

Solace Aquatics LLC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
In that configuration you still have the same amount of flow going through the sump, you are not reducing the amount of flow, instead just diverting it into other places.

I know it is a huge leap, but I would go to a bigger sump to reduce the water turbulence. I believe a 70 or 90 gallon would fit perfectly for that size system. I would also add on the fuge, it is always a good idea, however, feed it from one of the pumps by building a manifold. The manifold will allow you to add on other goodies later down the road such as mass media reactors, uv sterilizer, etc.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
lights camera action

started the lights today!!!
still have a leak on one pipe and waiting till it drys to do my final test on my sump and pipes.

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 490
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 485
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 482

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I have to keep going!!!!!!

I know this thread was going good but .....Well I Broke my wrist last week doing what I love and I will not let it stop me from building my tank!!! More pics to follow soon!!

Attachments

• PICT0025.JPG
    PICT0025.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 463
  • PICT0022 (2).JPG
    PICT0022 (2).JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 462

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
more pics of todays work, got all the leaks out and tanks been running with tap water for 2 days to make sure, going to empty tomorrow and start filling rodi water,

Attachments

• PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 519
  • PICT0006 (2).JPG
    PICT0006 (2).JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 517
  • PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 513
  • PICT0013 (2).JPG
    PICT0013 (2).JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 515

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: