CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I still have yet to see any positive effects from the NPX bio-beads. Nitrate and phosphate are undetectable using chemical test kits but this was the case before trying solid carbon dosing.

Everyday when lights come on I get brown/orange/rust colored algae all over my sand.

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nice tank! Crazy growth in 7months on that coral. I have been wanting to pick up som npx bio beads myself.

What kinda lights you using?

Thanks! Some corals have really taken off. Im not completely sold on these bio-beads just yet. I still get an insane bacteria bloom on my sand everyday and its def from them.

Im using an ATI Sunpower 6 x 39 T5 fixture.

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Tank looks great

Thanks Mangas!

One more growth shot of my pink lemonade. This is around 6 months of time. Def not growing the way I would like it to :(

Mar 22

Oct 04
IMG_2990.jpg

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Gus you are using biopellets. Intresting

You do have amazing growth and you picked the pices out very well. Love the tank I will make it a point to see it one day

Thank you sir! If you are ever in the area your more than welcome. I was doing MB7 and Biofuel and was either going to start vodka dosing or these bio-beads. If it wasnt for this algae covering my sand everyday I would be happy but im going to wait it out a few more weeks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: