Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Ah come on James, it's not all that! It is pretty if I may say so myself, especially when compared to my past.lol
But James goes to far with his compliments! Although I do thank you for the compliment.:)

Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Awilda, your tank is my dream tank...I wish we could close on that house so I can get started!!! I LOVE the black wood housing, and the effort that went into designing the rock and livestock...*sigh* I could sit there with the dogs and stare at it for hours.

What I really like about these pics is that they show the willingness of MR members to help one another, just for the sake of doing it. I wish I could have been there, helping and learning...

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Awilda, your tank is my dream tank...I wish we could close on that house so I can get started!!! I LOVE the black wood housing, and the effort that went into designing the rock and livestock...*sigh* I could sit there with the dogs and stare at it for hours.

What I really like about these pics is that they show the willingness of MR members to help one another, just for the sake of doing it. I wish I could have been there, helping and learning...

Thank you so much Jeff!
Your house is coming! Before you know it you will be sitting in front of your own awesome reef. I know from seeing your nano that you will be doing an awesome job on your next one.;)

To tell you the truth I was blown away with these awesome people! Words are not enough to describe how I felt that day.... To tell the truth I was honestly more excited by the support, and help these people then with the build of the tank it's self. They are forever in my heart!

MR ROCKS
:grouphug:​

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
hey awi, sorry i didnt get to meet you at the swap, i left a little early. btw, i snagged me some blueberry gorgonia! :D what are you feeding yours? i'm doing a mix of marine snow and fauna marin ultra clam.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
hey awi, sorry i didnt get to meet you at the swap, i left a little early. btw, i snagged me some blueberry gorgonia! :D what are you feeding yours? i'm doing a mix of marine snow and fauna marin ultra clam.

Sorry I missed meeting you also! I got there a little late!

Very happy you got a blueberry gorgi!!! I keep mine in a shaded area, and I feed it a mixture of Oyster Feast, Rotifer Feast, Phytoplankton (all from Reef Nutrition), and to that I also throw in some flying fish eggs!;) Very happy gorgonians in my tank.
Oh man you should see the Orange one I scored with Cherry Corals. It was an awesome find... Pics are coming soon.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Posting my frag swap goodies finally!

From Pacific East:
Zoa
1PacificEastzoa071.jpg

From Pacific East's raffle: Thank You!!!!!
PacificEastraffleacan026.jpg

From Cherry Corals: Beautiful Orange w/yellow polyp Gorgonian
I am so thrilled with this find that I couldn't just post 1 pic of it.:inlove:
OrangeSeaFanfromCherryCoral024.jpg

Reef-Gorgonians005.jpg
Reef-Gorgonians011.jpg

From Aquatic Express: I got an acro as well, but haven't been able to get a good pic of it yet.
RainbowBlastofromAlexKiwi-AE029.jpg

From Reef Creations: Blueberry Gorgonian! The harley hiding behind it is courtesy of Jabol!;)
BlueberryGorgonianHarlequinShrimp01.jpg

From Questionmarc:
Chocolate Mint zoa
ChocolatePeppermintzoaMarc-question.jpg

As well as this special little extra: Marc it already has extra little baby heads.:) Thank you
PinkZoafromMarc-questionmarc033.jpg

Red Goni
Reef-Gorgonians042.jpg

RedGonifromMarc-questionmarc041.jpg

Rainbow Monti & Unhappy Reverse Monti(not Marc's fault)
Reef-Gorgonians045.jpg

From emmanuel: Just 1 pic of many
Zoa tree
ZoaTreezoasfromManny-emmanuel032.jpg

From Dace:
Red Lobo
Reef-Gorgonians088.jpg

SPS
SPSfromDave-Dace.jpg

Zoa's from Knockout/Kelvin, Chraddam/Jeff, MO~IDOL/Steve - sorry guys I can't take good individual pics of them.:(
Reef-Gorgonians030.jpg

Reef-Gorgonians031.jpg

Reef-Gorgonians031.jpg

ZOAS077.jpg

Last, but definitely not the least! My one and only, and first Frag Swap Fish!
From "Diamonds of the Reef"/Dom & Justin:
Chocolate Tang

Attachments

• Chocolate Tang from DOTR 004.jpg
    Chocolate Tang from DOTR 004.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 493

CancerverO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Awi,

I looooove the aquascape.. I saw a pic that you post in another website :spin: and I really like it!!!
I love the gorgonian .. mmm beautiful blastos ;0)
beautiful tank and corals

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you Javier! Blastos are one of my favorite, I really need to look for more to add to my tnak.;) I will be especially looking for a deep rich blood red one.:) HINT HINT:tongue1:

B

Bobbie

Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I apologize for joining this group knowing absolutely nothing about reefs. I was searching for a bengal cat to adopt which lead me here. However, I love the pictures of the amazing reefs everyone has posted. I wish I were more knowledgeable, at least I am learning a great deal. Thank you for sharing.

Attachments

• Nap_time.JPG
    Nap_time.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 374

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I am sure that I speak for all of us: Thank You for the compliments.
Love your Bengal! Thanks for adopting, and for posting his/her pic.
Enjoy our site, oh yeah becareful we may get you addicted too.:)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Just updating!:)

Should wait till the 25th., but what the heck! My reef will be 3 years old on the 25th. of this month. It had two disasters, 1 with a heater that took out almost all of my fish, added 4 # 4 Koralias at once without acclimating a tank that had never had Power heads to begin with, and I consequently shocked all my LPS. Lost 90% of all my lps with that one. The last one was my stupid forgetfullness mistake (I turned the lights on 1 morning for another reefer to see the tank, and forgot to turn them off before I left the house). The lights normally are on PC 10 AM to 11 PM, MH 5 PM to 10 PM. That day the MH were on 10 AM to 10 PM, when I got home a few of my SPS had began the threaded RTNing process. I tried clipping them at the rtning spot, but lost them anyway.:(

I replaced a few of the fish I lost to the heater, and I even finally got a Powder Blue tang that seems to be loving my reef, the lps that hung in during the PH incident have rebounded, and are doing great! The SPS are doing well, I am working on providing them with an even better home.
I am currently running this tank with a EuroReef RS80 which is very under rated for a tank this size, so I will God willing will be upgrading that to a BM 200 soon.:) I do have an ATO (Reef Fanatic), and a Reefkeeper 2 controlling the lights, heaters, and fan. I do have a the Two Littlefishies reactors, and the GFO & Activated Carbon, but I am not currently running either.

Parameters are staying stable at this time with weekly 20% water changes - using RO/DI water & IO salt.

Not dosing at the moment since pars are stable.;) Did have to dose a few months ago when I had stopped doing weekly water changes, and pars went out of wack.:(

Pics, sorry Moidol your student has not been practicing.:(

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
FTS, section pics, and some of the fish in my 155 BF mixed reef!

Attachments

• 155 FTS 1.jpg
    155 FTS 1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 362
  • 155 Left side.jpg
    155 Left side.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 363
  • 155 Center.jpg
    155 Center.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 367
  • 155 Right side.jpg
    155 Right side.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 362
  • Powder Blue tang .jpg
    Powder Blue tang .jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 364
  • Lamarck angelfish.jpg
    Lamarck angelfish.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 362
  • African Radiant wrasse.jpg
    African Radiant wrasse.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 363
  • Bengaii Cardinal.jpg
    Bengaii Cardinal.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 361
  • Blue Hippo tang.jpg
    Blue Hippo tang.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 359
  • Yellow Eye Kole tang.jpg
    Yellow Eye Kole tang.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 361
  • Ocellaris clownfish.jpg
    Ocellaris clownfish.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 358
  • Midas blenny Peek A Boo.jpg
    Midas blenny Peek A Boo.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 353

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: