Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Added some SPS colonies, acans and palys.
Zoa island starting to fill up (The big ones are grandis palys)
2011-02-06_135339.jpg

Acans
2011-02-06_135223.jpg

SPS colonies
2011-02-06_135318.jpg

2011-02-06_135300.jpg

2011-02-06_135246.jpg

I need a better camera...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I found a source for interceptor luckily. I will be doing my first treatment on saturday morning. Hopefully my blue/green colony will hold up until then... It has the best color and it is STNing from the bugs :(
I was about the smash this tank today... I tried to glue a frag down and of course my male clownfish EATS the glue! I've read about it before and I knew it would go away but I was just very worried about my little guy, hes the best fish in the tank. Within an hour he shook it all off and just ate normally :spin:
Tank turns 1 year old on saturday... Hopefully it will be a celebration with success as I treat my tank with interceptor. I will be very happy if I get rid of these bugs! And I am definitely dipping and interceptor treating any future SPS... That was a big mistake.
If I get enough money for my birthday I will be upgrading to an MP40w ES. I hate seeing the detritus on my sand in the back and the weak flow my koralia's are putting out...

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Awesome tank! its cool to have another 15 year old on the site. about the red bugs. i heard that dragonface pipe fish feast on them like a mandarin eating copepods. also its a cool fish to have an can tolerate the high flow of the mp40s since it swims like a snake on the ground most of the time. plus its only like 15 bucks and is the most hardy out of the seahorse/pipefish family. Good Luck!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Awesome tank! its cool to have another 15 year old on the site. about the red bugs. i heard that dragonface pipe fish feast on them like a mandarin eating copepods. also its a cool fish to have an can tolerate the high flow of the mp40s since it swims like a snake on the ground most of the time. plus its only like 15 bucks and is the most hardy out of the seahorse/pipefish family. Good Luck!

Good job on your tank as well.
I know they eat red bugs, but they aren't very efficient at doing it. They eat all the pods before they even look at the bugs. Plus they hate high flow.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well... I just fragged my blue colony out of desperation. Starting RTNing today. I think its a safe assumption to say I lost my first acro colony... Whats confusing is that the other 2, besides not as great color as before and less PE, look fine.
I get the interceptor tomorrow. First treatment on saturday.
My LTA also just randomly moved... Right on top of my hairy mushrooms. Fine with me, i've been looking for a way to kill them for a while now. Way too many.

Last edited:

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Sorry to hear that you have red bugs. When I said "that I think I have the sps bug", I was referring to that I'm also going crazy over sps coral.
There's a thread that I started several months back on red reef bugs, It will provide you with links on how to safely treat the tank for them. Good luck and hope alk goes well.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wow I forgot to update this thread! :headache:
I love this tank right now. I got rid of the red bugs and sadly only part of 1 acro colony survived. Although it sucked, it did teach me that I need to take better care of the tank. So I switched to H2Ocean Pro salt and have been doing 20g waterchanges every week for months now. I also have my fuge filled with chaeto.
Last week I upgraded to the SWC160 cone and I LOVE IT! So much easier than my EV120 was...
I added lots of SPS, LPS, and softy frags. Everything is growing extremely well and 3 more SPS frags are on the way right now :)
The tank is really filling up... I plan to start a simple frag tank as soon as I get the money for it. Just an acrylic tank with egg crate shelves and a halide pendant... We'll see how that goes in the future though.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You do need a different camera. Lol...
But the tank is coming along nicely. Love the Yellow Tang, one of my favorites.

Yea he has a lot of personality but I love the look of my bellus angel.
My montipora spongodes that I bought 7 months ago is finally coloring up for the first time.
I definitely need to upgrade my flow... The 2 k3's aren't doing it anymore.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: