adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I plan on QTing this fish...should I stock the Qt tank with pods? Or just add them as needed? Not sure if I am going to Macna, my AC went out on my car (compressor anyway) and it's going to cost 1K just to replace it. But, I don't think I could miss out on going....

If thats the case i would pick up two jars of pods ($40 total) and put half or so of one jar in the quarantine tank and the other one and a half in the main tank. This should give you enough food for the mandarin while its in qt and give the pods a chance to establish a renewable population in ur display.

adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
no doubt... keeping a mandarin long term is something any reef keeper should be proud of, especially in a system thats <125g. Id like to think I could do it but my anenome seems to think otherwise lol.

A fuge will go a long way in making it happen. If you dont have one, you might wanna consider it. Even a small cpr hang on fuge will provide a suitable spot for pods to reproduce, not to mention helping to stablize ph swings and increase nutrient export.

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey Jess - I'm going to MACNA - I really hope to meet you there!!! MR will have a table, and I'll be wearing an MR polo (so will a bunch of other MR folks who are there) - you've gotta come!!!! Remind me - you live near Orlando? Tampa? J'ville? I'd love to see your tank while we're nearby...

Happy much belated birthday, btw - I was off line for weeks and weeks over the summer...

ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jess - I'm going to MACNA - I really hope to meet you there!!! MR will have a table, and I'll be wearing an MR polo (so will a bunch of other MR folks who are there) - you've gotta come!!!! Remind me - you live near Orlando? Tampa? J'ville? I'd love to see your tank while we're nearby...

Happy much belated birthday, btw - I was off line for weeks and weeks over the summer...

Thanks Tahl! I am planning on being down there on the 4th. all day :D I live in Orange Park, which is right outside Jville. I can throw a rock and it would land in jacksonville. I am about 1 hour 45 minutes from orlando. Do you know what booth # MR will be at?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: