ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I moved this past weekend and upgraded from a 55 to a 75.
I know my tank isn't full. There is a reason. I don't have an overflow yet :irked: This weekend that is my main project. I am keeping a close watch on the salinity and specific gravity. My guys from LFS said it should be ok until this weekend, I hope so.

I am still deciding on sand. I have already bought some, but am hesitant on adding it in. It looks like a mixture of black and white sand, and it's not coarse enough for my liking. So, I don't know. And my aquascaping is so-so. I like the right side, but not the left. My birthday is coming up on the 22nd and I am buying a lot of dry base rock from Marcorocks. My poor tank looks so barren.

my coral is finally fully opened. i had a small ammonia spike, but I am not sure if it was a false reading. I transported my rocks in water to try a have as little die-off as possible. It went to 0.25, but who knows. It's 0 now.
on to the pictures!

Empty on the stand
IMG_2767.jpg

FTS
75gallon.jpg

Left side - that junk on the bottom has since been siphoned out
RLeftside.jpg

Right side - junk has been siphoned out
Rightside.jpg

Zoas
zoas-1.jpg

LMB - thought he was a goner
LMBsnail.jpg

Frogspawn
Frog-1.jpg

LMB and torch
LMBtorch.jpg

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Nice I see its reef ready. Is it runny or your waiting on a sump. If your adding new sand your going to start the cycle in your tank again. You will have to add the new sand slowly like 1lb a day .Do you have a skimmer?

ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks. I am just waiting for my overflow kit to come in so I can hook up my sump. I have a protein skimmer also, which goes in the sump. I do plan on adding sand slowly. I am going to rinse it very well also before I add it.

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Congrats... looking good. Nice stand btw. You could just go bare bottom on the DT and put the sand into the sump and create a 6-8" DSB with chaeto if you wanted.

Congrats on the upgrade! I just upgraded as well from a 75 to a 210 and I just added sand all at once before I even put it water. I guess it's in the process of cycling but I don't see any bad affects towards my tank. I did have over 200 lbs of fully cured live rock though, I don't know if that's helping counteract anything bad.

You probably thought of this already, but when you get that dry marco rock, make sure you cycle it in a different container for about 4-6 weeks before putting it in your tank. I think that would be the safest thing to do plus all you need is a heater and a small circulating pump and you could use a clean garbage can.

Well good luck, looks good so far! :)

Fortunato

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
great work in moving the tank.. No die off mean always a success when moving a tank.. I can't imagine moving my tank.. it would take forever... Going to be tough adding sand after everything is in the tank..

ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! Ozone, I thought about going bare bottom and putting the sand in a refugium, but the sump I have now really doesn't have room for that. So, I am going to have to slowly add sand.

Ctxmonitor, I was so scared moving this tank. Granted I only moved 4 miles down the road, but still. I am amazed I didn't lose anything.

I finished the overflow today, will post pictures later.

ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay new stuff! I had a little mishap on Friday, but all is well. I had posted a thread all about it.
anyway, onto the pictures!!

soooooo pretty!
IMG_0050.jpg

absolutely love these shrooms, not sure what that red stuff is. it's hard and won't come off. There are a bunch of brittle stars on here too.
IMG_0044.jpg

love this toadstool also
IMG_0052.jpg

zoas to add to my garden hehe
IMG_0054.jpg

pretty red orange shroom
IMG_0055.jpg

more zoas, soo pretty also
IMG_0086.jpg

She got a friend, they love each other already <3
IMG_0067.jpg

he is so tiny, about an inch
IMG_0085.jpg

that's all for now!

ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
batt600 I completely forgot to take a pic of my sump, lol. my computer doesn't work and am having to go to my parents to upload pictures. But here is a FTS. And it's cloudy d/t dosing with Purple up. I am only using half doses since I don't want my calcium levels to get too high.

IMG_0098.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: