Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I read thru the thread and I must say I really like your tank and you take great shots, too. I love the blenny, I have one too and it's the most entertaining little bugger I have:) Sometimes he pisses me off when he "dig" in the sand with his fins, but I quickly forgive him. Did you try giving him dried algae?
Oh, one more thing, somewhere in the thread someone mentioned taking rocks from the Keys. I need to say you have to be very careful doing that, especially when they are still in the water, because it's sooo illegal . Once I've been to the Keys I've taken some from the water and then I read online that it's not OK and you can get a huge ticket by doing so. It's better to take dry rocks IMO, if you are not taking huge pieces, you should be fine.

ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read thru the thread and I must say I really like your tank and you take great shots, too. I love the blenny, I have one too and it's the most entertaining little bugger I have:) Sometimes he pisses me off when he "dig" in the sand with his fins, but I quickly forgive him. Did you try giving him dried algae?
Oh, one more thing, somewhere in the thread someone mentioned taking rocks from the Keys. I need to say you have to be very careful doing that, especially when they are still in the water, because it's sooo illegal . Once I've been to the Keys I've taken some from the water and then I read online that it's not OK and you can get a huge ticket by doing so. It's better to take dry rocks IMO, if you are not taking huge pieces, you should be fine.

Thank you smoq :) The blenny is definitely my favorite. They have the funniest character. I haven't tried algae sheets, he is so fat as it is. I may try it just to see if it likes them.

Yeah, I don't think I would have even entertained the thought of taking rocks from there. I am a good girl. LOL. I got some base rock from a local reefer, he had it sitting in bin with water. I have about 30 more lbs i didn't use.

adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
if you plan on getting a mandarin, its definately worth it to pick up some live dt's copepods (not tigger pods) and stock the tank and wait a week or two before adding the fish. Ive used all kinds of different live pods and the dt's live are by far the best and reproduce like crazy. You will also get a secondary explosion of amphipods which i assume are eating the copepods cus the population blew up a few weeks after adding the dt's. The tigger pods work well as a food source but they are free swimming and are quickly picked off. I just broke down my old tank and spent hours with a brine shrimp net combing the sand bed and dumping hundreds if not thousands of pods into the new tank all from adding two jars of dt's harpicoid copepods and a bottle tigger pods. gl :)

ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you plan on getting a mandarin, its definately worth it to pick up some live dt's copepods (not tigger pods) and stock the tank and wait a week or two before adding the fish. Ive used all kinds of different live pods and the dt's live are by far the best and reproduce like crazy. You will also get a secondary explosion of amphipods which i assume are eating the copepods cus the population blew up a few weeks after adding the dt's. The tigger pods work well as a food source but they are free swimming and are quickly picked off. I just broke down my old tank and spent hours with a brine shrimp net combing the sand bed and dumping hundreds if not thousands of pods into the new tank all from adding two jars of dt's harpicoid copepods and a bottle tigger pods. gl :)

I plan on QTing this fish...should I stock the Qt tank with pods? Or just add them as needed? Not sure if I am going to Macna, my AC went out on my car (compressor anyway) and it's going to cost 1K just to replace it. But, I don't think I could miss out on going....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: