ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking sweet!!

Thanks =)

I got 50+ lbs from a fellow reefer, which was kept in a bucket of sw with a PH. I put it directly in my tank. I got no ammonia spike, all my levels are "normal" but I got a diatom bloom on the new rock only. it's crazy. Trying to beat that right now. I was hoping my retarded cuc would clean it up, but they haven't yet. Anyway........sorry. I kinda rambled there for a second.

Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
He probably had lot of dirt/nitrate build up with his rock before. They are releasing it slowly, hence the diatom bloom just on those rock. Your diatom probably is eating it up just the rate that's releasing. You probably won't see much (or any) nitrate spike.

ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, i haven't updated here in a while. I have painted the back black, and some of the wall. lol. this is the new rock that I got from a local reefer. diatoms finally died off

In this picture, I had taken out the PH on the right to clean it. And it's crooked. And I am going to reaquascape tomorrow. I probably should wait to post a pic until tomorrow...what the heck. here is it.

IMG_3226.jpg

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Congrats... looking good. Nice stand btw. You could just go bare bottom on the DT and put the sand into the sump and create a 6-8" DSB with chaeto if you wanted.
Same here, I like the bare bottom look too. It becomes layerd with coraline and easier to clean too. I use a hybrid sump-fug. But instead of the sand, about three inches of mineral mud seams to work better. Mangroves and chaetomorpha to remove nitrate and phosphate then the mud will slowly repell the water with trace elements. Good luck :splitspin

ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here, I like the bare bottom look too. It becomes layerd with coraline and easier to clean too. I use a hybrid sump-fug. But instead of the sand, about three inches of mineral mud seams to work better. Mangroves and chaetomorpha to remove nitrate and phosphate then the mud will slowly repell the water with trace elements. Good luck :splitspin

I currently have a wet/dry. I am planning on getting a 20 gal and making a fuge. I am keeping it BB for a while

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: