chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
And here we go. I went from a small 20G to a spacious 40G Breeder and now to the elegance of a 57G Rimless Tank.

I'll be transferring over all my livestock and rocks this weekend from my breeder to the new tank. I'm tossing the sand of course.

Going be focusing on mainly SPS and but will still have some LPS and Zoas.

Equipment List:
57G Deep Blue RR Rimless
Tek 6 bulb T5's
MP20 and MP10
20G Long Sump
SWC Xtreme 120 Conical Skimmer
60lbs of Live Rock
60lbs of Live Sand

Before:
IMG_0216.jpg

After:
IMG_1279.jpg

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
just finished transferring all my stuff from my 40g to the new tank with the help of my buddy, hktoez.

it went fairly smooth, without much hiccups. the only problem was that the stand didn't exactly fit my 20g long sump so i had to improvised a bit.
the lights will be hung but are currently sitting on legs for now.

without further adieu, here are some pictures.

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thanks everyone.

Warren,

Yup, i check and it didn't overflow.

Macropora,

I'm not sure which tube you're referring to. The cup was overflowing because I was messing around with the air valve. It's skimming nicely now.

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
also the baffles on the skimmer side is only 8 inches, the recommended operating level. I think it's the angle of the picture that makes it look fuller than it is.

Shananagans

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Nice tank, I have a 57g rimless illuminata, that is a work in progress, redueing things after a vacation crash. How did you make the cover for your overflow?

I love the rimless hanging light look. I currently have the glass cover on it and my t5s on legs, but want to make a mesh cover and hang whatever new lights I get (looking into leds). Hope you don't have any jumpers , it may make you consider some form of a top.

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
^^ - This is actually the Deep Blue Professional Tank, probably exactly the same thing from the Illuminata but different maker. The overflow cover came with the tank. I don't plan on putting any cover on the tank, it'll just take away the sleekness of the entire setup.

Every fish can jump but I guess it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Shananagans

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So many of my fish in the past end up in my over flow, and I have found 2 on the floor in previous tanks. Since I have a ornate leopard wrasse, midas blenny and eng goby some sort of top is a must. (others should'nt jump) But I completly agree, it looks much nicer open.

I was wondering if maybe some sort of a rim with a lip might prevent them from jumping, maybe if jumping from the middle they won't make it out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: