seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Your setup is very nice.

A friend of mine, in Long Island, did a long rectangle tank and up tight next to each tank, is like a half circle on each side. He has one central sump, but is able to keep different types of fish and corals in each setup... Very cool.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
A few new shots:
IMG_1789-1.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

Husband and Wife:
IMG_1796.jpg

Plate while eating:
IMG_1780.jpg

Cool worm during the same feeding:
IMG_1787.jpg

Sponge or something?:
IMG_1808-1.jpg

Moonstream

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really interesting design! whats care like for the harley shrimp? ive been wanting one/ a pair forever, but keep getting gun shy. Ive heard they're pretty simple, but im worried about a CCstar escaping from them and wreaking havok on a reef... any experience?

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Nice setup. Kinda curious as to if there is any gadget corrosion. I lived on the beach in Brazil and would go through 2 laptops a year. Obviously two totally different environments but I was going to have my setup near my home theater system and opted against it.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Moonstream: The Harleys hold onto the CCstar very well. They constantly hold it or sit on it so it does not escape. I have had 1 more for about a total of 9 months over the years, and never had any issue. The truth is, they were purchased for eradication of asterina starfish, and the pair of harleys goes from tank to tank eating asterinas.

Gwiz: I cant believe the tank isnt up yet! I look foward to seeing pictures of the tank once it is up and running.

Guarda: No problem with humidity ever.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
FaviaFreak: I love them. The controller is huge(not in actual size), helps when first acclimating corals to the tank( I can dim the lights so the coral doesn't get to much light). There is virtually no heat transfer from lights to tank (My tank has no chiller or fans, and temp never gets above 81, but I generally have A/C on in summer) As far as growth, I am not a good example b/c I do not add chemicals or dose the tank, and only do minimal water changes.

Last edited:

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
FaviaFreak: I love them. The controller is huge, helps when first acclimating corals to the tank( I can dim the lights so the coral doesn't get to much light). There is virtually no heat transfer from lights to tank (My tank has no chiller or fans, and temp never gets above 81) As far as growth, I am not a good example b/c I do not add chemicals or dose the tank, and only do minimal water changes.

very cool set-up you have going on with both tanks! I'm leaning toward the AI lighting as well...I assume they can change kelvin temp as well?

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
FaviaFreak: Does that refer to 14k or 20k, for example? I didnt know the "k" in "14k" was for Kelvin....If the answer is yes, then you can adjust the intensity of the blue or white LED's independently, which will allow you to adjust how "blue" the light looks...they also have 2 different modules, 2 white 1 blue, or 1 white 2 blue. I have the 2 white 1 blue which at max power is what I would guess to be a 10k or 12k look( but I really have no idea).

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I have switched back to ESV salt. I believe there was almost no growth when I was not using esv. I'm assuming this is b/c ESV salt replenishes the water with trace elements.

Pictures posted soon of new aquascaping, corals, and growth!

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
very cool
finally got around to reading your dualing forum. Great pictures I realy like the room shots on the first page.

I also was able to go to rookies place and see these in person and they're very nice especially for such young tanks. I did like the 120 better but this these tanks are just starting and I know they're gonna be something spectacular soon.

lookin great

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: