pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Go with a NextReef media reactor (they're well built and afordable). I was just looking at all your pics again, and I was looking more deeply at the one of the sump. Would it be possible putting the skimmer (and if you're looking at the pic of the sump) in the first chamber and using the chamber you have the skimmer as a refugium ?

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Go with a NextReef media reactor (they're well built and afordable). I was just looking at all your pics again, and I was looking more deeply at the one of the sump. Would it be possible putting the skimmer (and if you're looking at the pic of the sump) in the first chamber and using the chamber you have the skimmer as a refugium ?

That is how I originally had it, but the new skimmer is too large for that section now so it has to go in the middle.

The nextreef you think is better than a dual BRS one?

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I don't have any experience with the BRS dual reactors, but InfernoST does. Hit him up, because if I remmember correctly he was having a issue with getting the media to tumble/or getting the media out of the cartrigde. Now , he also has the NextReef ones.
But man, that really sucks that you can't fit that skimmer in the first chamber. A refugium would be very beneficial to a tank of that size, and the corals.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Just came across this thread, good luck with your build, looking good so far.
If you need a hand with anything let me know.
just out of curiosity can you post a pick of the underside of the stand for me, by the corner posts. the pics in your post of your stand build shows that the whole tank is just supported with 4 4x4, unless you fixed it.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I don't have any experience with the BRS dual reactors, but InfernoST does. Hit him up, because if I remmember correctly he was having a issue with getting the media to tumble/or getting the media out of the cartrigde. Now , he also has the NextReef ones.
But man, that really sucks that you can't fit that skimmer in the first chamber. A refugium would be very beneficial to a tank of that size, and the corals.

I have a refugium in the first section where my ASM G2 originally was, got cheato and some macro algae growing in it.

The tank is supported in each corner by a 4x4 and then there is 2 x 4 connecting them + 1/2" ply on top and on the back and bottrom. The stand is as sturdy as it can be, definitely not going anywhere!

I am going to look in to the nextreef ones kind of stinks having to get one for carbon and one for phosban, was considering running biopellets, but i don't know enough about them to make that jump.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Brandon I'm not bashing your build, you are doing a great job, I was just looking out for you.

I know!! Wasn't trying to come off as a dick sorry if I did!

I honestly don't know as much as I should when it comes to this stuff, so I rely on the community lol.

Pauli going to probably pick up those reactors $80 a pop though wheew lol.

I am going away until Sunday, need to get my mag 18 online then and also need to get my fish out of the main tank and QT them somehow they got ich :/.

So much to do, so much time, but so many things lol.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
No problem dude, if you need help with the plumbing just reach out.

Plumbing is okay, but I think I may switch it to flex. Right now I Think it may be too rigid from the return to the overflows. Not 100% though, maybe I'll snap closer pictures and get your opinion.

What else should I do right now?

I need to QT my fish and then I guess fine tune everything?

I want to get the alk and phos hanna monitors and the reactors that will be my next purchase.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
If you are having a hard time finding flex let me know, I can pick up some from my guy on Monday. This might sound dumb, but here it goes, since you don't have any coral in their yet why not do hypo for your fish in the dt, i think it would be less stressfull for the little guys.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Woops... I think they've gone up in price, they're of good quality. Here's a link where I found for $70.
http://www.marinedepot.com/NextReef...cal_Reactors-NextReef-NX1111-FIFRISCR-vi.html

Btw, Richie (rkaragozler) lives five minutes from me. And if you need any help, we love to help out others. As long as you help out also, when needed lol....

Lmao what we in the mob now!

Ask Olivier I am good for moving things and breaking things and such. We cleared out his whole garage in about hour and half. I am also the guy that carried a 135 gallon tank upstairs by himself and then downstairs and then back upstairs with BobNy help then back downstairs. Then my 180 from cnotes in my garage to my backyard, then inside and downstairs by myself.
*Just call me gorilla lol*

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I have the Salifert test kits for calcium, alk, and mag I need to get the PO4 meter at least.

Rich I was THINKING THAT!!!, but I read it will kill the bacteria on the LR?!?

Should I add the 2 or so tangs I wanted to add and run them through hypo all at the same time?

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Nice... Then I will be needing your assistance shortly. I need to move my 150 pretty soon.

Lmao I will help, as long as you are free to help... MOB status.

No problem let me know, I took a nasty spill so my knees are shot, but I can help.

So what are your guys recommendations run hypo on my tank for 6 weeks then add a CUC and get the reactors running?

Should I run phosban and carbon while doing hypo in the DT? ? ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: