T

THEDLO

I think I might want to redo my return plumbing with flex pvc to reduce vibration and make the bends a bit less sharp.
good choice. flex tubing all the way! it makes a big diffference with friction and head pressure.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Thanks will do! Friday I'm off the whole day so it will be fish day. Plan is to finish up all the odds and ends and get the area nice and cleaned up surrounding the tank and put up the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Looking good Brandon!
Plumbing for beer? It may be time for another trip to Jersey :)

How do you like the ReefKeeper Lite? I plan to order a controller this weekend. I am leaning toward to the Neptune Apex, but honestly the RKL level 3 can handle all I need for less money.

Last edited:

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
RKL is nice, with the release of myreef 2.0 it was SO SO EASY to program. Like I could have my mom do it!

I have the RKL L3 I think it is RKL, 2 x PC4, temp, pH, SL1.

The cool thing is I found out you can get a hub to plug in to the system and then keep the SID (programmer/reader) plugged in 24/7 then run a longer USB (30 feet in my case) to the computer and save your back!

Bob I would buy it again though the pros definitely out weight the cons.

Only con I have right now is the temp probe I can't seem to calibrate, but that is more likely user error than anything.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I'm waiting until after x-mas and will order an alk meter and phosphate meter. I also received my new protein skimmer via fedex today. It is a Hurricone Cat 2 internal thing is a monster!

PhotoDec1850103PM.jpg

PhotoDec1850004PM.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Is that as bad as whiskey dosing my liver :)?

Jealous??? Jealous??? If you saw how many tears I've shed trying to get even up to this point you'd say screw that shiot man :).

Little by little I'm getting there. Once the system has its first living creature in it and everything is settled I will snap pictures of the entire setup.

F_ME I just realized I was at home depot today and forgot to buy hinges for my doors!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: