Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
That was fun... I am definitely getting to old for that kind of thing! I think it was about a week before I could stand up straight again!

Sorry about your Ich troubles Brandon :(

lmao BOB! I got it downstairs by myself, back upstairs, and back down now where it sits. Then I got the 180 down here by myself. FML

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Hey Brando, do your clowns have ich too ?

They aren't displaying signs of it no, only the powder blue WAS, but now isn't and the hippo died of ICH I believe.

My clowns look healthy as can be and have from day 1 :/.

Almost makes me want to sell these fish to someone let them QT them and I'll get mine all from Diamond of the Reef, but my clown survived a tank crash and all so I got attachment issues.

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
The clowns are definitly troopers, very hardy and beautiful fish. PowderBlue is a very hard to keep and Hippo easy to keep, but both develope ich easily if stressed. sorry to hear that you lost the Hippo, but i think it was for the better. They get really greedy and eat everything before anyone else even notices there's food in the tank. That's why they call it a Hippo Tang, they're beasts.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
The clowns are definitly troopers, very hardy and beautiful fish. PowderBlue is a very hard to keep and Hippo easy to keep, but both develope ich easily if stressed. sorry to hear that you lost the Hippo, but i think it was for the better. They get really greedy and eat everything before anyone else even notices there's food in the tank. That's why they call it a Hippo Tang, they're beasts.

Lmao!

The clowns are awesome, paired up and all. Got black on orange love!!

The powder blue eats like a pig, but its skin looks beat up :/.

Hippo was a small guy maybe 2" tops and was a gorgeous blue.

Definitely learned my lesson though QT EVERYTHING before it goes in, too much time and $ invested to waste over a $20 fish.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Lost the powder blue, wokeup and BAM just stiff as a rock.

Here are some updated tank pictures:

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4229.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Sorry for your loss, bud. Hopefully you've learned you lesson on buying hard to keep fish when you're atoll cycling your tank.

Looking good with the rock in there.

Yeah stinks :/.

Going to hold off a bit until I add more. I want to get everything running 100%.

I did a 50g water change today, meant to do 30, but miscalculated how much I drained from my sump fml.

Anyway lesson learned and will move on.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: