Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just took some tank shots.. Showing some growth over the last few weeks...
IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays to you all.. Knutez, that green stag is definitely one of my favs! I have another one with blue tips sitting right in the middle of that colony. It's a darker green though.

The substrate is reef grade and has larger pieces of shell and arragonite, which allows for more flow. Currently, my carbon dosing consists of 120ml of vinegar daily. I will probable raise it soon to help get rid of some valonia that's growing in the tank.

Pauli.... Thanks man! My best to you and your family during this holiday season.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What kinda substrate u using with the 3 mp40s? Also I know u said u carbon dose and use rc salt but I don't think you have mentioned anything else about ur sump/set up/ filters/ or dosing regiment.

Hey Matty, I am currently using a mix of Coralife and RC salt... My sump is roughly 55 gallons.. I run a Bubble King Supermarine 250 Internal skimmer. I do run carbon in a mesh bag that I change out every month. My carbon dosing regimen is mentioned in my post above.. Currently, I'm not running any filter socks.. They become a PITA after a while... As for dosing, I dose about 100ml of Mag a week, and about 2-3ml of strontium a day. I also use Microbe Lift's Special Blend to keep the good bacteria population high. That's about it along with week to biweekly water changes..

Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sounds great, pics of the sump would be great also.
Here's an early pic of the sump..
IMG_0882-1.jpg

Since replaced the Deltec with a BK SM250 internal skimmer
IMG_6372-1.jpg

very nice tank :)

Thank You!

Jon,
Looks super bro... very nice colors!!! keep up with good work man,,

Thanks Bro! How's your tank doing?
mike

wow this is gorgeous. love the colors!

Thanks empire! I appreciate the kind comment!

Jon, tank is looking real good buddy, maybe after the holidays we can get together again.
Thanks Bro! Definitely! Missed you on the CT Tank Tour!

Great looking reef! Love the rimless look. Have you had alot of fish casualties with the open top?
Thanks Macropora. I had several carpet surfers until constructing this in 12/09... Definitely stopped the majority of suicides.. I actual went down to 1/4 in" mesh since and still lost a wrasse not too long ago. It's not a perfect solution, but it has made a huge difference

IMG_6028.jpg

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
I've been using the 1/4" net for sometime now and really helps with the wrasse casualties. Most of them jump out of the water come feeding time or when scared by other wrasses. Just the other day my Exquisite Wrasse torpedoed out of the tank and landed 4 feet on the tile floor when I moved the net off the tank for less than a minute. I thought it was a goner, but after a minute it went back to it's normal routine and started eating again as if nothing happened.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: