Rating - 100%
30   0   0
These are corals in my 25 gallon cube tank. Thought it was time to put some pictures up of my corals.

Mushrooms

mushrooms.jpg

Hammer

hammer.jpg

Duncan
Both my clowns love the hammer coral, ever since I got the Duncan my black clown loves burrowing in it.

duncan.jpg

duncan1.jpg

Acan

acan.jpg

Favia

_32379.jpg

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So I've been really looking at my 25 gallon tank the past couple of days. I pretty much just got done with my upgrade from my 12 gallon tank. I have a lot of corals that are doing really well in my tank. I measure my levels weekly and now keep a log of all my test levels, dosing activities, and water changes.

I've been looking at a lot of nano tanks lately, such as Zook's thread:
This is my new favorite tank, hands down.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...g-shallow.html

Picod's got a pretty sweet tank as well.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...g-journey.html

I was thinking that it would be so much easier to stock a tank of that size and I could do every aspect of maintaining a fish tank so much easier. Water changes would be a breeze, top offs would be so small. This would also hopefully be slightly cheaper and also less of a liability in my apartment.

I know that this will obviously limit me to with the fish that I have, but there's still room for plenty of invertebrates in a 6 gallon tank.

LED lights are stupid expensive and the DIY kits are not nearly as clean looking as I would like them to be. I think there are some LED lights that would be in my price range powerful enough for a 6 gallon tank. I will not be doing any SPS.

In the next couple of weeks I am going to do a lot of research into how these tanks are most successful. I would really like to hear suggestions on any kind of the best equipment for small tanks. I would also like to hear anyone's thoughts about my impending downgrade.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I started a log for my test levels, it's been really helpful. I should have started it earlier. Here are the most recent entries in the logbook. I know that I am missing some important test kits. I will hopefully get them soon.

Jan 07

Alk: 11.2 dKH
Cal: 400 ppm
pH: 8.1
Amm. 0
Dosed: 20 mL Calcium

Jan 09

Alk: 10.4 dKH
Cal: 390 ppm
Amm. 0
Dosed: 30 mL Calcium

Jan 15

Alk: 9.3 dKH
Cal: 420 ppm
Amm. 0
Acquired: Bubble Coral, sm. Zooanthid colony

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Looking good.
Phosohate, nitrate and magnesium should not be over looked in reef aquaria.

I know I know. I was thinking about getting the seachem kit with a few other test kits included as well. I'm not sure how important it is to test for carbonate and borate in my tank...

Magnesium, Carbonate, Borate, Alkalinity (I already have alkalinity)

I wanted to stick with Salifert for all my test kits, but it's just getting too expensive.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Wow to the fact that i want to change the optics? i talked to one of the guys at nanotuners and he said you can change the optics but it takes a little bit of work getting the light apart... not quite sure how to do it exactly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: