Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Yeah, I really enjoy it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the optics on the lenses. I may change the first one to 80 degree optics and then leave the one that's shining on the clam with the 40 degree optics. I know those clams need a lot of light.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Here are some updated photos. My hammers have gotten HUGE!

tank.jpg

_286468.jpg

star.jpg

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks for the positive words. Got the optics changed on the par38's. One has 80 degree optics the other shines directly on the crocea with 60 degree optics. I want a wellso now. Starfish seems happy, it's all over the place. I just never see it actually moving, it just teleports from one place to another!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ya I totally agree. Still got a bright spot where te 60 degree optics shine directly on the crocea. I just got a neon green wellso and a toadstool from MR member (blue magnum). The wellso is brilliant, I've waited for almost a year to find a nice one in my price range. When it opens fully, I'll get some pics uploaded.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks Asphalt. The Wellso has opened up a lot. I'm gonna give it another day or two to take photos just in case it opens up some more. I am still a bit nervous about the starfish, my refractometer wasn't calibrated before I got the starfish.So my salinity was a bit low, around 1.023. :smash: Over the period of 2 days I brought the salinity back up slowly by topping off with saltwater. It's been in there for about a week and seems to be fine and healthy. I never see it moving, but I'll see it in one spot, check back in 5 minutes and it will be on the other side of the tank!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey Arthur,

For the first 2 days in my tank, the starfish crawled into a rock hole and didn't move. Once it got more used to the tank it started to move around. It now moves around quite a bit, from the rock to the glass at pretty fast speeds. I have noticed in the past 3 days that it has been in the same place on the glass (front top right corner almost touching the air.) I have definitely noticed it dangling there with one of its tentacles spread to catch food however i do not know how successful it has been.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Here are some photos of the stuff I got from the Swap:

War Coral from Saltwater Critters
war_coral.jpg

Beautiful Derasa clam from Saltwater Critters (What a great price! Thanks Jim!!!)
derasa.jpg

Torch Coral from Aquatic Life Direct
torch.jpg

Ricordeas from Coralium
ricordea.jpg

Palys from vendor next to Cherry Corals (Not Salwater Critters or Coralium, the guy that was to the right)
palys.jpg

Full Tank Shot (Bright spotlighting from 60 degree optics on the crocea clam sucks)
fts.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I re-did my rock work to create some better flow around the tank and to get things off the glass. I think it worked out pretty well. I was able to take a bunch of things off the sand that I had nowhere to place and also put my frag rack in the back. Anyways, here are some photos of the new setup...

4-20-2011.jpg

4-20-2011_7.jpg

4-20-2011_6.jpg

4-20-2011_5.jpg

4-20-2011_3.jpg

4-20-2011_4.jpg

4-20-2011_2.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: