BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
You guy's are too funny!
Bobby is is correct....I have been mad busy the past month. Work has been insane and on top of that my daughter is involved in competetive cheerleading and she has us traveling the east coast every other weekend for competitions. This weekend in Ocean City MD.
So of coarse I have to work every day off I have to make up for it :(

The tank is doing well. Levels are all good, hair algea is all gone :).
I haven't added any more live stock to it since my last update. I wanted to wait until the hair was all gone, then came the traveling.
Also I got a stern talking too about how active our paypal account has been the past few months, so I have to take it a bit easy for a bit.
I plan to maybe pick up a fish next week and get it in QT. I'm not sure what I want to add next yet though. I am thinking a Fairy Wrasse of some sort.

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey Everyone,
Things have been crazy the past few months, so I haven't been around.
No real updates to the tank since I last checked in. With work being crazy busy and promising my wife I would slow down on reef spending for a while I haven't added anything to the tank since my last update. Everything is going well with the system. Parameters are good and livestock is doing well.
Things slow down a bit this time of year, so I hope to add some more living things soon.
With this weeks water change I am going to get my QT tank running again and will buy My next fish soon. I never really made a stocking list for the tank yet and would love to hear some suggestions.
As of now I have just the pair of Ocellaris Clowns in there now.
Fish I am thinking of are.
Hippo Tang
Fairy Wrasse
Bangai Cardinal
Fire Fish
Yellow Tang

If I get these the Cardinal or Fire Fish would be next.
Please add your suggestions to the list.

Thanks

jschottenfeld

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hey Bob, it's Jan.
If you go for the fairy wrasse and fire fish I would strongly suggest a tight fitting canopy...and covers over your returns. I've had both and those suckers can jump! I must have pulled my fairy wrasse out from my over flow 4x....The first 3x he was lucky, let's just say #4 was not his lucky number.

I hear yellow tangs are nasty. I have had good success with sailfin's and for the last few years I have a yellow eyed Kole tang. Really cool looking and gets along great with my hippos.

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey Jan,
How's things going?

Yeah...I'm actually not that big a fan of the Yellow Tang. I would love a Purple Tang, but they can get very aggressive. I figured the yellow would work size wise and add a little color. I would definitely like to have aDesjardini Sailfin, but they can get pretty big. I am already pushing it with the Hippo.

I did make some good covers for the tank using the mesh from BRS and screen frames. I do still neet to cover the overflows.

Any suggestions on a good species of Fairy Wrasse?

jschottenfeld

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
No can do...I haven't had good success with Fairys. I have a mystery wrasse that I caught on sale that has been happy for a few years, also had a six line (although they can get aggressive). My favorite that I have is called an Opossum wrasse. He's really cool looking, picked him up from Drs.

Had a purple tang he was aggressive. Had naso tangs, they were peaceful.

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I finally went out and picked up some frags today.
When trying to decide where to place them I came to the realization that I MUST buy another MP40. I had to place all the new things on the left side of the tank where the one MP40 I have on the tank is. Also coraline growth is better on that side and the tank just looked healthyer on that side.

Here are a few pick of what I added today.

Attachments

• IMG_0297-2.jpg
    IMG_0297-2.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0299-2.jpg
    IMG_0299-2.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0302-2.jpg
    IMG_0302-2.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0303-2.jpg
    IMG_0303-2.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0308-2.jpg
    IMG_0308-2.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 118

jschottenfeld

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Bob, where did you get your frags from...they look nice.
Give me a call or IM me, I have plenty of frags for you and the price would be to your liking.

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It's been a little over a month since I put my first SPS frags in the tank.
I compared the pictures from when I first got them to how they are today and I am happy to say THEY ARE GROWING!!! I am going to wait a while before adding more. I want to make sure I can keep what I have now thriving first.
I did add a Solar Wrasse a little while back. He is great. Gets along great with all other tank mate's. Well except for the Pod's....they dont like him very much. LOL
Here is a picture of him.

Attachments

• IMG_6014-1.jpg
    IMG_6014-1.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 93

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: