Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Update:
Everything is running smoothly. Levels are steady as can be. I sold my frogspawn a few weeks ago. the 2 heads that i kept are growing nicely. i also got rid of the cap i had. i think im going to stay away from sps. i like lps better. :). i only have left a nice colony of birds of paradise and i have a small ora hawkins. i dont mind these 2 sps. i ended up getting a mag rock and placed it where the cap was. i bought a golden torch which is opening up nicely. i cant wait till torch and frog grow out! my rbta is doing well. it found a good place and i hope it stays there. my clown has completely moved in. he sleeps and hangs around the bt all night n day. he even attacks me if i get near the nem! lol
here are a few pics: sorry again for bad iphone pics.

How long did it take for your clown to switch homes and host rtba?

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
sorry for late reply.
it took him a good 2 -3 weeks i believe. he didnt even look at the rb. then one day i saw him get closer. then the next he was rubbing all in it. lol. him and the rb are doing good. so far so good. the name hasnt moved. his foot is anchored in a hole on the rock. dont believe rb sting hard as everyone says here. my nem is sitting on top of dozens of zoas and no issues. the rb is also rubbing all up on my birds of paradise sps and no issues. he is not stinging anyhting near. hope it stays this way.

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Update: Tank has been running smooth. level steady
heres a pic of my rbta. it has gotten bigger. looking real nice and healthy. my tomato loves it. still thinking about getting a small tomato to try and pair but im scared to cause fighting

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 255

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Lol. Thanks for bringing my thread back to life. Here is a few recent pics
Tank has been running stable. Did some coral changes since last post. Also added a juv tomato clown who paired up with my female. I thought no one would ever pair with her since she is such a bully! They have been laying eggs weekly for a several weeks. It's pretty cool! :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1354999747.685004.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1354999747.685004.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 193

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Thank you both
Meangreen- I could snap a piece of the BOP whenever you like. It grows super fast. It was originally the size of a pinky nail. Jarretshark gave it to me over a year ago and hasn't stopped growing. Lol.
Not sure about raising the fry. As of now they seem to be getting eaten right after the new fry are laid. Looks real time consuming trying to keep those lil guys alive. Maybe in the future I will give it a try.

Last edited:

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Thank you both
Meangreen- I could snap a piece of the BOP whenever you like. It grows super fast. It was originally the size of a pinky nail. Jarretshark gave it to me over a year ago and hasn't stopped growing. Lol.
Not sure about raising the fry. As of now they seem to be getting eaten right after the new fry are laid. Looks real time consuming trying to keep those lil guys alive. Maybe in the future I will give it a try.

I actually have a about a 4" frag of B.O.P. already, thank you for the offer though. That stinks about the fry...well...keep the thread updated along the way! Gl with it! :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: