Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
OK, The father released the fry last night. I woke up this morning and there they were, five baby cardinal in the sea urchin. I then removed them and put them with the others in the frag tank. Everybody seems to be doing well. I hatched some baby brine and they were all eating like crazy. I was thinking that maybe there were more in my overflow box. I decidedd to pull it and see what happens. Well to my surprise there were three more from this litter, but there was also one from the first litter in December :eek: He seems to be fine, just as big and healthy as the other two from the first batch
img5086d.jpg

You can see the size difference in this picture from the fry in December and now
img5099xd.jpg

Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Mike this is just great. What about putting an urchin in the frag tank? It's the natural 'habitat' for the Banggai's and thought it might be good to have with them.

swimmer

Hi Russ, Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. To be honest, I tried to make a artificial sea urchin. Its pretty bad but here it is :eek: They looked at it like Yea Right :lol2: I am just going to put one of the real urchins in now.
img5126gy.jpg

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Dude, you get an A for effort an A+ for creativity and apparently an F from the Banggai's. :( Sorry bout that. It really looks good though. I wonder if that were the only hiding place in the tank and you put a lionfish (or any other predator) in there, would the fry ultimately become food for the lion or would they say wtf and try your 'cable tie urchin'? lol

Really nice effort though.

R

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
hole $$$$ that looks like my telephone cord lmao
i give you an a for trying buddy
Hi Russ, Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. To be honest, I tried to make a artificial sea urchin. Its pretty bad but here it is :eek: They looked at it like Yea Right :lol2: I am just going to put one of the real urchins in now.
img5126gy.jpg

Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
LOL, thats guys. I think you are just being nice though. I still have the frag racks in the tank, the fry have been swimming through it, in and out. Maybe thats why they dont want to use my Awesome Cable tie urchin :lol2:

TRUKINGNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
this thread was amazing just read it from beginning to end and didnt stop once.. i hope to have a tank like this one day i might print a pic and hang it up and look at it everyday...lol... wish you were closer would love to see this in person:scratchch

Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hi Kathy, Thank you very much for the kind words. I really didn't want to stress out the tank by trying to take out sea urchin, unless I really had to. I figured if I made one, it wouldn't hurt the urchin and the fry wouldn't know the difference (apparently they did) :scratchch my daughters that it looked real :lol2:

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
tank of month ,tank of month ,tank of month ,tank of month,tank of month
kathy here is your next tank of month
mike get the camrea out and start shooting
you have one of the nicist tanks i have every seen
come on boy get to work just leave the zip ties out of the photo shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lmao:bigeyes:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: