AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Jerl high jacked my thread lol.. I don't know what happened but it's weird. Jerl can you please delete your "looking good" comment so it puts me into first so it can address me as the thread starter and not you, or maybe the mods can fix this. Thank you

Here are some updates... I got a lil more done tonight

Attachments

• Sump Plumbing 5.jpg
    Sump Plumbing 5.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 402
  • Sump Plumbing 6.jpg
    Sump Plumbing 6.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 401

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
arti ur first tank was was very nice i love it when i first seen it. cant wait to see this one,great job ,hey arti it was a b*%$#H bringing that red sea max to 2floor just me and my 4feet girl lol ,ill be following ur build ,good luck bro.

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thank Al. How is the Sea Max doing? Here is a update of my tank build. I changed the plumbing around and added extra valves for future use. Tank is on the stand and ready for sand and rock tomorrow. :spin:

Attachments

• Sump Plumbing 6.jpg
    Sump Plumbing 6.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 376
  • Sump Plumbing 5.jpg
    Sump Plumbing 5.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 376
  • Sump Refugium.jpg
    Sump Refugium.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 376
  • Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 375
  • Tank 2.jpg
    Tank 2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 379

bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
should have offset the tiles on the floor so they matched the ones on the floor below.....jk....lol.....very nice and very clean job .....nice choice with the 5 ft tank.....the oceanic 176 is nice too....just a little taller ....great job...tagging along.....

allenjj

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats

Congrats on the new first house and the new tank build. Being in the middle of my own new build and upgrade I am anxiously watching others to learn and get ideas as well. Your stand and placement look awesome. I will also be following along.

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
ari was up buddy ,are u gonna use a chiller? i c ur tank got centro air lol!my red sea max is doing alright except for a little phosphate making my sand red with a little brown not much, besides that cant wait to c ur tank with waater.wuz up wit the leds?.

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Update...

Skimmer, Sand, Rock and water being filled up into the tank

I went with the SWC 230 Cone, this skimmer is a beast [Thank you TB Aquatics]
160 lbs Caribsea Special Reef Grade sand
160 lbs of BRS Reef saver and Pukani rock held together with Marco Rock mortar mix in some areas

Attachments

• Skimmer.jpg
    Skimmer.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 406
  • Skimmer 2.jpg
    Skimmer 2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 404
  • Tank with sand.jpg
    Tank with sand.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 405
  • Tank with water being filled.jpg
    Tank with water being filled.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Ok, It's all filled up and running. It took 2 days to fill with ro/di. Everything on the plumbing is leak free and the sump is working good. I finished my aquascaping, I might add some more rock in the future piled a bit higher to get the sps on. I'm leaving areas open so the fish can swim through. So what do you all think of it so far?

Attachments

• Tank Filled 4.jpg
    Tank Filled 4.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 391
  • Tank Filled.jpg
    Tank Filled.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 392
  • Tank Filled 6.jpg
    Tank Filled 6.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 391
  • Tank Filled 5.jpg
    Tank Filled 5.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 392
  • Tank Filled 3.jpg
    Tank Filled 3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 392

UnknownWaters

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice job looks great. I feel like a Dbag I just saw this thread welcome to north jersey and if you get in a pinch dont be afraid to reach out we have a half dozen manhattan reefers within 15 minutes of you. so if you need something just ask.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: