albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
If I'm reading this correctly, makes me question the impact of this survey... , and how does that correspond to perfomance/reliability down the road? ...
Two different surveys,
NYreefNoob quoted JDPowers INITIAL Quality Survey,
while I was referring to
Vehicle Dependability Study Results...JDPower

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
ok so i met up with jaa last week, to get a frag from him, he showed me the knuckle with the ball joint snapped at the second thread... basically what looks to have happened is that the nut came loose, and that the shock of the suspension sheered off the end of the balljoint.. ford has always had tsb's abt using blue locktite on all suspension bolts and nuts.. which i bet they didnt.. also i wonder if they used a new locking nut or if they reused the old one.. bc the nylon ring can go bad if reused and cause the nut to back off... so good luck jaa, you actually have them dead to rights on this one!

UnknownWaters

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
On this topic I agree to disagree I have owned a 12 second 70 chevy chevelle drove my friends 11 second 86 ford mustang LX and owned a 89.5 toyota supra that never went to the track but was fast as hell and took up to 160mph thru the lincoln tunnel.
and I also had this little silly ass 1986 chrysler lazer 2.2 tuned turbo that beat the pants off a 944 porsche and last but no least I owned 3 jeeps drove all of them until I retired them my 1992 jeep cherokee sport is in PA on my father in laws property as work horse and still runs like a champ 18 years and 275k mile yeah thats right 275000 miles its still goin THERE'S ONLY 1 JEEP. LMK where these little import tuners are gonna be in 18 years or when it snows? HAHA LMAO @ NYPDfrogman you got called a NOOB and a OLD TIMER all in the same thread thats great lol.
bottom line to this discussion is opinions are like A$$holes every1 has 1 and they all stink.

jay1335

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im with you on the jeep man!!!
DSC_0247.jpg

My 96 cherokee 6.5 inch lift 210k on the clock still going strong!!!

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
well the new jeeps are nice the 2011 grands are equipt with automatic and fully adjustable air ride suspension with a closed comressed air system.. and the 2011 wrangles have automatic swaybar disengagement for offroad and rock climbing ability while being able to lock it back in on the fly or when above 18mph.. but that is for another thread..lol and i actually worked on 4 grands this week with over 200k on them... scary but they were still on the road..haha

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Yeah Alfie probably that darn 4.0 liter inline 6 cyl you cant kill em.

true!! but unfortunatly chrysler killed them, the stoped making the 4.0 inline in 09... they now use a 3.8l V6 in the wranglers and use a 3.7l in the grands, but now they are using the new pentastar motor which is a 280hp 3.6l VVT v6.. which will be replacing the 4.0l v6 in the town and country and the 3.7l in the grands in the next year or 2.. theyre also coming out with a completely hydrolic valve operation engine, no cam no lifters no rockers,no timing chains.. they will use a hydrolic cylinder operated by electonic solenoids to vary valve lift duration and cyl shut down for variable displacement.. should be interesting..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: