ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Hey all,

solbby said:
9. Start a syphon and walk away.

I may be wrong but if he had an ATO and someone started a siphon from the window, wouldn't the result be the same? In otherwords, the ATO would detect the drop in water and fill with freshwater, and if the siphon kept going the ATO would keep filling?
E

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Russ,

You know after reading that I agree with the sentiments written here. What a dumb way to sabotage a tank. With a 700 gal tank that would take forever!

E

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
,unless someone witness the actuall reading of his salt ,or is that what we are meant to believe.The truth is within the ppl in his house ,we are only lead to believe what we are told ,JMO

I am very sad that he lost the livestock ,which are the victims in this case

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
ezee said:
Russ,

You know after reading that I agree with the sentiments written here. What a dumb way to sabotage a tank. With a 700 gal tank that would take forever!

E

Sure seems like an aweful lot of work to achieve the same results as other forms of 'sabotage'. :scratchch

:Shhh: they're watching us :paranoid: :tired:

R

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Deanos said:
And THAT'S the bottom line.

It's unfortunate that all that livestock was lost, but we'll only know what he tells us.

I think all the fish lived, it was the coral that did not make it.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
masterswimmer said:
Sure seems like an aweful lot of work to achieve the same results as other forms of 'sabotage'

true, and why replace the water at all, his sump was outside, why not just start a siphon and walk away? :bablefish It just makes no sense. I wonder if the police report is public, I'd like to read what the detective on the case thinks.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
If it was just a drop in SG then most of the fish could have taken take but the bigger problem would have been all the coral and inverts dieing, not to mention what effect it may of had on the sand bed and live rock. All that waste could have produced some bad stuff in the water and could have killed off many of the fish. I know he did a # of large water changes and was hoping some of the fish would make it.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
maybe he needs this guy,

normal_ace-poster01.jpg

Last edited:

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
i think.....he forgot to calibrate the refractometer, and it was really off the mark. In his panic he removed all the water in his tank, and refilled it with fresh by himself...then realize he forgot to calibrate the refractometer. That's my theory.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
masterswimmer said:
Jon, too bad that thread isn't still open! That would have been a hysterical post(er).

swimmer

i wonder how many death threats I would have got from dorky reefers :squid:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: