Votes: 46 23.8%
  • leds

Votes: 107 55.4%
  • other

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good question! I think Jeremy should have a BBQ, backyard frag swap, kegger, coral color party, so we can all judge for ourselves :beer: :chefico:

Thanks, hahaha great idea! Jeremy how many bulb T5 and what combo of the Ati 54w did you go with? (didn't see that in any earlier posts but may have missed it) Just switched from Acan A104 to 4 bulb T5 (deep blue solar xtreme fixture) went with 1 purple plus, 1 blue plus, 2 aquablue specials. Diggin it so far!! All the corals deff LOOK different as far as coloration goes, which is what lead me to that question. I'm experimenting myself to see how color changes with T5 lighting, with a broad spectral output. As far as LEDs go, I think it's really the spectral quality that's washing out all the natural coloration of our corals and not the intensity...maybe a little of both.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I alreasdy told the sponsers LOL that when these do grow out i will not be selling any of the frags that come off of it.I will donate to any new SPS grower.Same should go with the other 2 guys but they will take a bit longer before they have frags LMFAO...I hope they make this a sticky so people can keep track of the progress after all this linsanity is over :)

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
HAHA just remember lets keep this fun and entertaining.definatly dont want this going to far off track so the mods dont get mad :biggrin: but i have to say this is a great way to really show a community web site is. Most fun ive had in a long time be even better when james and jeremy has the salt water coming from there eyes.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Can we get a breakdown of tank info?

Age of tank.
What is the lighting setup?
-I believe I saw T5s as all ati 54watt.....which bulbs since atnics/blues are not for growth and for POP. Age of bulbs?
-Which LEDs are being used?
Dosing/equipment (ULNS)? Vodka, Vinegar, N/P
Current tank parameters?
What salt and husbandry?

I know it's for fun but this would be a good set of information for the original post. Obviously, the most constant I believe will win.

If I had to vote, I would be hard pressed to think TEAM MH wins in growth. Coloration is based more on feeding and constant levels so age of tank wins for this one.

James404

MH for Life!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'll give a basic rundown on mine:

Tank is about 7 months old
Tank - 225g reef savvy display, 3 side starfire with glass holes overflow. 75g sump
Lighting - 3 x 400w radium 20k, lumenmax 2 reflector, lumatek dimmable balasts
Reeflo dart return pump
4 MP40wES on reef crest anti sync, 1 koralia magnum 5, 1 koralia 3
Skimmer - super reef octopus XP3000 external
BRS carbon and gfo reactor running BRS gfo and ROX carbon
2 part randys recipe delivered via bubble magus doser
salt is oceanic
Change 24g a week
No vodka, vinegar or anything, I feed heavy and export heavy, That's about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
ok ill do it as well even though we said it wasnt scientific LOL
Tank-92 corner 20 gallon fuge-20 gallon sump
lighting is ACAN A103 LED
mag 9 return pump
1 mp40 and 1 mp20
skimmer vertex in180 skimmer
BRS carbon and GFO RUNNING IN 2 two little fishes reactors
MTC calcium reactor keeping calcium at 420 and alk at 8.9
salt is reef crystals
just started dosing red sea po4 no3 x nitrates were a bit high
feeding is once a day mysis and cyclopeeze every 3 days some oyster feast
Tank has been running for almost 2 years started full SPS august 2011

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: