Votes: 107 55.4%
  • other

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
This is the official challenge thread for the 3 contestants doing the LED,MH and T5 challege.I was donated 3 frags of strawberry shortcake from Pets Warehouse and we are getting a blue tipped acro donated from Supremereef.the challenge is to see who gets better coral growth and color in a 6 month period under which set of lights..Iknow there are many factorss here that will go into account with growing and coloring up but this is a guys club challenge so please we dont want to hear how water quality nand parameters play a major factor we know
*******************RULES*************
1=We are getting corals from a single colony
2-After a week of acclimating we will put the corals at the same height in each tank
3-We will post pics on a bi weekly basis
4-No photoshop is to be used
5-we will post our parameters bi-weekly
6-If for any reason anything were to happens to someones tank there will be no winner so no gloating :)
7-this is for fun so dont bring this thread down.no one wants to here how this isnt conclusive because its in 3 different tanks..LIGHTEN UP
I will post pics of the frags i received.I am dipping the strawberry shortcake as we speak..HAVE FUN :biggrin:

Last edited:

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
now out of all curiosity... if all tanks being the same (which unfortunately they are not) how do you compensate for equipment differences (or lack thereof) per say one person doses manually, one doesn't dose, one uses a calcium reactor, etc.
I'm not putting light into an equation as that would open up a whole new can of worms.

I see this as exciting as watching coraline grow.

:lol2:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
CORALS FOR THE CHAllENGE

We picked 3 of the least colored corals for the challege.Everone agreed they had to look browned out so here they are

Attachments

• IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,503
  • IMG_0633.jpg
    IMG_0633.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,489

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
This sound like fun I am with guy with The Mh I am not too shore about color but i think they guy with mh will have the bigger growth ..I still a big Mh fan ..and gl on the challenge

Last edited:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
This is going to be fun.i think the type of lights should be mentioned.My lights are the acan A103.Blues turn on at 11:30 then whites at 1230 at 50 percent and blues at 70 percent then 100 percent of both at 230 then off at 830 and 930 all the whites turn off and blues are off at 12

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: