jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Doing ok other than fish are a little stressed, mandarin doesn't look good. Have generator on during the day and I just thought of using my jump pack at night for heat and powerhead.

Last edited:

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
so far lost only a couple of frags but of course they're my favorite ones. no fish nor crustacean lost......yet.

still no power since monday night. even though i got a small generator running the bare essentials, i'm running out of gas and access to gas supply.

so it depends on the final outcome on whether or not i'm gonna still be in the hobby. if i have a 90+% lost like last year, it's gonna be hard to rebuild. :sad2:

Last edited:

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just because they look like they death. Doesn't mean they are. I had small SpS less than inch turn white and slowly got they color back. See if you see poly are still there. Give it time we can only see outside you never know....

Raul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
100% Lost...

Thought I had saved the fish because another member was holding them. Just found out Coned was working on the power and nuked his holding tank...

So frustrating... they were some high end fish

Not sure if ill stay

petecomas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Chelsea. I have lost most of my livestock -- about 90% -- mostly coral colonies. I managed to save a mated pair of ocellaris clowns, my derasa clam, and a couple of gorgonians. Everything else is lost. I am definitely staying in the hobby, but I need to find a solution to this before I start up again.

Flipper

Relaxing on the Reefin
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
maybe a few vendors will offer some start up again specials. I dont even want to add up how much i lost.

id be prepared to sink some money back into it if i got a sweet deal on stuff. Better than looking at Live rock and the surviving soft corals.

rcharliesam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Edit

100% loss.

I wish I wasn't so selfish and just offered up my fish for someone else to have, I was just hopeful that my power would come back on. I just picked out the last fish this morning, tank is 59 degrees. Really bummed, but will probably stay in the hobby as well for my daughter.

Last edited:

nharbarte

Reef learner
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Lost 2 tangs, flame angel & Copperband. 2 leather corals gone. Bubble coral is dying too. Pink hammer coral. Running on generator now (that cost me a lot). I'm definitely staying on this hobby. I will bounce back!

fab1971

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
about 30% but may still lose more. Now my fish are all sick. I've been holding stuff for a friend that was on the shore and the corals he brought over were stressed as heck, then my power went off for 3 days and further stressed my tank. His losses are about 50%. Breaks my heart but I'm definitely staying in the hobby. Even if I end up losing it all. It will just take some time to rebuild though. Good luck to all of you. Power is finally coming back on for most.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: