jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
25% loss

most of LPS gone
all softies survived (still retracted)

no generator so the only light they got for over a week was the hour/day i would run light off my car.

only reason not 100% loss is because i put a hot water bottle filled with boiling water in the tank about every hour or so to keep the temp up.

I kept a pot of boiling water on my stove for 8 days strait!!:grumpy:

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Big hit on my collection :(lost 1 fish managed to save the rest but for now ill take a backseat to collecting and just manage with what I have left gonna get into my other hobby and restore my 69' :tongue1:

ReefDiver

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
75%loss, 5 days no power. I'm determined to build tank back better than preSandy!! Tank temp got down to low 50's. Lost zoas, torch, birds nest. Anemone was first to go. Not pretty. 1/2 candy canes survived . Acans and Duncans made it. As did hammer. Some macro algae died, lot of red sea grape lived.One small clarkii lived, seems perfect. Big clarkii died. Scooter Blennie lived. Emerald crab made an appearance after months of hiding. Best to all who suffered greater loss.

xobklynqt143

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
the power went out when i was on vacation and im not sure how long it was out for, but i lost about 75% as well i only have 3 fish left, some snails my acans arent looking so hot but they survived, some die off on my zoas, my frogspawn lived. my shrimps are gone ALL of my sps :***( and my rtba

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I lost power for 1 week, used battery power air pump. I also floated hot water bottles to keep the temp up as long as possible. I lost 1 clown fish. (She was 8+ yrs old.). Everything else is fine.

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
Can you believe during all of this I was fine. Con Ed decides to fix something and last night I loose power to come home to u 65 degree tank. I lost a clam and a few corals. I know others have it worste. Just upset

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Got my power back Thursday night. It was a stressful 11 days, but I managed to make it through with 0% loss. My Monti's and Birdsnest's actually grew like crazy through this ordeal. Faster growth than I have ever seen from them.

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lost power for 4 days, the 25 cube I lost nothing, the 120 lost 80% lost all 3 clams, all 15 LPS only three survived, 5 cleaner shrimp, all my fish except 1 blue green chromis and the lps are either dead or severly damaged. I am downsizing to a 65. I will not go through these kind of losses again.

captbillm

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I lost a piece of Brain Coral and a Green Carpet Anemone because the tank went down to 64 deg. I was able to use battery air stones to keep things going. Have since bought a 8500k gen set and am going to have the house set up with a transfer switch so I never have to go through this again...I Hope.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: