d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Still without power.

Kept main fish tank alive with AC DC Inverter for the first 7 days and lots of gasoline in my car.

had just picked up fish from Max Reefs and had in QT so those did not make it, neither did the sump fuge, everything there is dead.

Now have a small generator but can only run the hydors on it, too small must keep home heat and fridge on so with no lights the corals are not looking good some already died.

not sure when power on my block will be restored but so far I have been able to save most fish in the display tank.

Lost 7 fish in QT tank and probably will lose most corals but my wife and I took turns turning on the AC DC inverter and splashing water, lets see how much ends up surviving.

Fish are not really eating the mysis and cyclops I had, it does not smell rotten but after not being refrigerated for 7 days they are just not eating it. I tried keeping it cold with iced water bottles from work, my place of employment never closed down so we had to show up.

Only fish eating are those used to flake food.

Only time will tell, could only do so much.

empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
No power since Monday, however I moved whatever I could savage from my tank on 10/31. I lost 95% of my sps including ORA Pearlberry, ORA Borealis, Oculus Red Dragon, Tri Color Mili colony, Florida Acropora Colony, Red/Orange Digi, and a bunch of other frags I had no ID on. Livestock- red sea purple fridmondi, and cleanershrimp. Most of my lps is currently alive along with my clown and carpet anemone. I feel like quitting. :/

Last edited:

PolandSpring

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
To the people who didn't lose anything... Why do you write that your are staying in the hobby? Is there someone who didn't lose power and is leaving the hobby? Lmao!

Well..When I asked to state if you were still staying in the hobby, it was mostly towards the 50% +.. but also, in cases like Jackson, he didn't lose anything but his area was completely destroyed and therefore, he had to live somewhere else for now and had to break down his tank for sometime. So therefore, it pertains to everyone :)

64Ivy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power finally came back Sunday after six days out. 0% loss thanks to propane generator. Currently facing nor'easter so we'll probably lose it again. As of now though, staying.

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Day 10 without power :( . Still doing ok.
I was able to get a human on the phone at lipa this evening. Best they could tell me is I should be on anywhere form now to Nov. 12th.
On a happier note. I saw my Mandarin today!! I thought I lost him when my tank dropped to 67 degrees on Saturday night.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: