cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I added a treo of blue/green chromis yesterday thanks to my buddy Carlos. Also added a CUC. Today I picked up these beauties from Pop Corals thanks John.

20150413_175521_zps3sm8ysow.jpg

20150413_175447_zpsndupjofn.jpg

20150413_175454_zpsehehe0mc.jpg

20150413_175602_zpswzjsntgv.jpg

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Cmantis i know u trying to edge me with my anenome island ...they do look really nice hommie now let see how good u are can tell them to stay put and they listen stay??? ...

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Some better pictures. For fairness I did edit them a bit but just to try to bring out how they actually look. The first set of pictures are unedited under Mh these were taken under my t5's and the originals came out bad.

20150414_003641_zpspf5ywotn.jpg

20150414_005149_zpshxwuyccn.jpg

(The rock is Life Rock so really is that purple don't get throw off by that. In all honesty they look even better than these pictures show! I am a very proud father).

Very nice nems. Is that a sunburst?

It is a Mantis Nem!

Last edited:

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ok ran through another stick of epoxy hopefully this holds. I am going to swap out the Jebao 8000 pump for a 6000 its just too much.

Im not liking these T5s. I am sure the corals will but it is way too blue for my taste - very unnatural.

What bulb combo are you using?

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Damn bro u going true a bad spell it seems keep ur head up hommie u will pull true hope it was not the cmantis nem...on silly note i told u and Trinimaddness am the zeus of this renegade ish i put an anenome island and throw some bubble tip on it and a carpet on the floor next to it and tell them to stay put or else and they listen i think am pretty good at this reefing thing ohh we lol ...when u guys want zues to show u how its done just ring my phone lol

Last edited:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Thanks man definitely makes me wanna throw in the towel with all thats been going on. It was the red one with metallic green base. Im gonna guard the mantis nem closely.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I am having a problem with the water flowing down my drain pipe seemingly being too strong. Without a filter suck the water bubbles up from below and causes the stand to get wet from the splashing. If I run a filter sock around it then it seems better but instead it foams up and over resulting in the same wetness as the foam bubbles burst. I changed the dc8000 pump out for a dc6000 pump which is only on the first setting, with a carbon reactor running on manifold and the return valved closed a bit. I also drilled out the sides of the drain pipe to try to disperse the flow and still having issues. Now the section where the drain goes does run almost to the top of the sump so nowhere to stop any splashing but I need to come with some solution...

Any ideas?

20150416_040543_zpsq247shst.jpg

20150416_040517_zpspcjoz4d0.jpg

Last edited:

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Get a piece of plexiglass/acrylic and cut it to fit as a tank cover over that section of the sump (with a hole for the PVC to fit through). The splashing will go on the cover and drip back down. You might have it in 2 pieces for ease of putting it around the PVC pipe

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
08f1c67e984f161148d49707bae71b99.jpg

I had a similar issue. You can still see the salt
Creep in my stand that I haven't cleaned up yet. A fellow reefer helped me come up with this cheap quick solution. I cut a wonton soup container to wrap around my drain. It fits perfectly over my filter sock.

Haha just saw bubble algae on the lit. I suck :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: