Status
Not open for further replies.

CDANN76

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
yip we def need a great LFS around here..but NJ is not bad or to far(at least I can get cheap gas..lol)..been pretty happy with oceans gallery so far...also I realy dont have anything to frag except for some blue shrooms.

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
First would like to say Hi Alex, Danielle,Richardhmc and all the reefers on Island. Come on guys it is not that bed. Strategy, strategy ,strategy. Forget about storses if you need good frags. Do remember that best staf comes from members on this site. Last fri I met with three members in NJ in different locations and went to Absolutly fish in Clifton with my douthers all in 4 hours. Remember to fill up your tank on you way back home with cheap gas. If you fill up big tank then the bridge is like free.I spend 150 $ that fri and brought home 7 frags 90$ and 4'' crocea clam from absolutly fish 60 $
The store is nice and clean but bit expensive. If you have 500$ and need 4 big colonis then drive to Absolutly fish they did not had anything special in thaeir frag tanks. Plus three great people and their incredible tanks I met that fri. Memories to remember.

yup he is right. I buy only on MR now. I don't even bother to buy corals from LFS cause the mark up prices are usually high. Plus, its entertaining to see a frag grow.

equipment wise, vendors online. like marinedepot or drsfosterandsmith got it.

now, the only thing that are difficult to come by from members are fish. fish usually i have to go the vendors. not like clownfish but say tangs or jawfish. fish wise I've went to Ocean gallery and Aqua Star out in the city.

NanoAquatic

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.5%
364   2   0
Anybody need anything? Im delivering to Staten for minimum of $100 group order. In stock livestock has been updated. Delivery is free if u guys meet the minimum. Thanks. Im also going to post ATI n other brand bulbs for sale

CDANN76

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looking for a small storefront in staten either new drop or tottenville area looking into starting up a small lfs and seeing how it goes I kno I can count on u anxious staten islanders to help me out

Just passed a store for rent/sale on corner of armstrong and hylan blvd.it was an old home thearter store 2 levels I think..check it out if u like..HTH....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Animal Pantry on Hylan Blvd. is expanding their marine tanks. Today I saw more than 30 fish mostly tangs, triggers and angels. I got some nice deals from there over the past year. I wish them luck with the expansion. Regards, Mike O

Fishluva513

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I been hunting staten for store fronts and no luck. Everything is to much money and anything that is reasonable is in the ghetto I want every1 to have a safe and enjoyable experience. I'm goin to end up starting something small in bay ridge bk if it takes off I will expand to staten. So for now sorry guys and good luck

CDANN76

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you are going to Ocean Gallery from 287, make a left at Rte. 28 (where the Dunellen train station is) and Feng's shop is about 10 stores off the corner on your right.

was passing by that area the other day,decided to stop in..great little place,very friendly staff,amazing show tanks...cant believe i`ve driven passed it so many times..good little find..

Swim

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was in AK yesterday and they have a show Duncan that someone ordered and then didn't take. If we expect SI stores to have the live stock we want them to have and then they get in a mint example that they have to wind up sitting on it's not a good thing for everyone else. I already have two Duncans in my reef tank or I would have taken it. Great coral and very fast growing so they need lots of room.

Not sure about some of the comments in this thread about AK. I've been checking out that store for years and I never know what odd ball fish I might see in there. Yes they do mostly stock the "bread and butter" fish but tell me what FS doesn't do that. Nice to hear AP is going to increase their salt section, I'll have to stop in there some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: