ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I assume you'll turn that gatevalve so it isn't sticking out like that. Either so you can walk behind the tank easier, or push the tank more flush to the wall.

Also, I noticed your bulkheads are threaded. The one thing I would re-do on my tank is to use slip bulkheads instead of threaded. I think with larger bulkheads(drains), the threads are more prone to a slow leak, even with teflon.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
I assume you'll turn that gatevalve so it isn't sticking out like that. Either so you can walk behind the tank easier, or push the tank more flush to the wall.

Also, I noticed your bulkheads are threaded. The one thing I would re-do on my tank is to use slip bulkheads instead of threaded. I think with larger bulkheads(drains), the threads are more prone to a slow leak, even with teflon.

Ming,

Don't think i'll be able to walk around it, it's kind of narrow so i'm probably going to leave it as is. But will build something around it to enclose it off so it doesn't look that bad.

Yup, using mostly threaded bulkead, wish i knew it earlier. Everything is done, so i'm just going to leave it as is.

Sending you a PM.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
The system is up!!!!
Finally was able to get enough RODI water and transfer the rocked that's been cook for 2 months over to the tank.

Here's some pic with preliminary rockscaping.
rock1.jpg

rock2.jpg

rock3.jpg

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Looking good..........like the caves

Thanks Thane!!!!

Nice to c it up! how ever where u going to put the corals and fish?lol
lots rocks may b just me....:D

Yeah, i'm getting inpatient now...lol!!! It's taking forever. Oh, the fish and corals, hmmm....im going to put them in the sump...kkakakkaka!!!. Yeah, it's so hard to aquascape, i need to take out some rocks and crushed it down and redo it it.

Last edited:

CristianD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
hey just curious... Is that dead rock or live rock? would you recommend starting a reef tank with dead rock and a piece of live rock? I was told that it would take too long.

P.S. ur scape looks great. good luck with the build

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
hey just curious... Is that dead rock or live rock? would you recommend starting a reef tank with dead rock and a piece of live rock? I was told that it would take too long.

P.S. ur scape looks great. good luck with the build

Thank you! Those are dry rock, you can call it dead rock I guess. Theres benefit to use both. I love the look of pukani rock and they only cOme in dry. No life one available. They are very porous, which everyone like. It takes time to cure dry rock but you are Gurantee it won't cOme wih unwanted hitch hiker. Took me two month to cure the rocks, and like you said seed it wih a piece of life rock helps. And life sand.

CristianD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thank you! Those are dry rock, you can call it dead rock I guess. Theres benefit to use both. I love the look of pukani rock and they only cOme in dry. No life one available. They are very porous, which everyone like. It takes time to cure dry rock but you are Gurantee it won't cOme wih unwanted hitch hiker. Took me two month to cure the rocks, and like you said seed it wih a piece of life rock helps. And life sand.

Yea def agree with you. The look is great. Also feel like it looks like its a lot easier to scape and fit the pieces well together. Ur caves and arches look very natural. It looks like a piece of a reef rather than just some rocks stacked together.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Love the aquascape ..

Thank you Ken......like you and Moidol mention previously, i have too much rock...hahhaha, gotta take some out, or i would have to put the corals in the sump :teeth:

Yea def agree with you. The look is great. Also feel like it looks like its a lot easier to scape and fit the pieces well together. Ur caves and arches look very natural. It looks like a piece of a reef rather than just some rocks stacked together.

Thanks CristianD! I'll have to make some room for the corals, they stack nicely, just need to take the time to stack it to your taste.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
wow sweet rimless tank! cant wait to see this fully stocked!

Thanks Zuska!

I'm long due for an updates, picture will come soon.

Updates: under the stand
-Sump center brace is cut out, so much nicer and easier to work with.
-Center support that that divides the two door has been cut out, so no pole in btwn, makes so so much difference, so much easier to access the sump, love it. Thanks "Imbarrie" for making the suggesetion. thank you very much.
-the sump was drilled to gravity feed fresh water for top off. No more manual top off :). i think this is so much better than having a ATO, which is due to failure. Since i'm using a float valve, and minimum pressure on it, i doubt that my float valve is going to fail on me, even if it does, it'll just slowly top off and i can probably fix the problem before it gets bad
-email miracle to get my my stupid piece of acryle to hold up the insert
-plumbed my BRS reactor to the return pump and hung under the stand

Livestock:
-added 4 pair of nemos.....lol!
-a damsel, wish kind of left him in the sump, he's kind of aggresive two baby fish, oh well.
-added a salfin, which i think it's a desj..... salfin, got it for $30 :)
-added a cleaner wrasses to do some cleaning :)
-a bubble tip anemone, it's hosting one of my clown already ...kakakkaka!
-several rics, and hammer, and frogspawn ...hehhehhe
-a dendro that don't really open up at this one :(

Equipment:
3 radion.......oh man wallet is empty now :(
2 vortech, lunch is on a budget from today on......awwww!!!!

MIRACLE AQUARIUM SUCKS, I'LL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!

Last edited:

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Wow!!! nice

Thank you!!!

Here's a short video of the tank inhibitant : )

http://youtu.be/GdlavGby8R8

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/GdlavGby8R8?version=3&hl=en_US">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><EMBED src="<a href=" target="_blank" GdlavGby8R8?version='3&hl=en_US"' v www.youtube-nocookie.com https:>https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/GdlavGby8R8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED></P>

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Dam sam how do you get ur fish and water to stay in the tank like that. Its amazing how they swim side ways..lol.. Need a full tank shot please.

Lol!!!! it's top secret....kakkakka!!!! Nothing really worth a shot now. Only got couple of fishes ( less than 20 ) and a few corals for now. I'll get some full tank shots up once i get more corals. Let me see what fishes and invert i have in the tank now.

2 yellow tang
1 hippo tang
4 oclaris... clown
1 true perc
2 clarki clown, killed one of my true perc :irked:
1 3 stripe damsil
1 manificant foxface
1 flame angel
1 cleaner wrasses
1 yellow coris
1 salfin tang
1 algea blenny
1 sixline wrasse
---------------------
18 fishes :) :) :) need more fish fish fish fish

I need a sohal, purple, naso, and hybrid power blue, that's it for now.
Archiles have to wait but i know they are so damn hard, so..........

1 cleaner shrimp
1 blood shrimp

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
I picked up a puple tang my self.. I tell you come by me prices cant be beat. and they have all those tang in stock.

I'll check them out soon, only problem is all my fishes is at war right now after adding 8 fishes in last Tuesday. My clarki i beating up my other clown fish, and my yellow tang is going after the other yellow tang. My 3 stripe damsel bits my other fish....darn....i want a settlement...hahhaha!!! Oh, and i can't afford those expensive fish at the moment, gotta save up, you know, after the crazy expensive tank and lights.....ouch!!! thinking about it, just hurts...:grumpy:

Really nice i cant wait to see the way this tank develops

Thank you Juggernot55! I can't wait for the tank to fully mature and put in everything nice piece of corals i can get my hands out :lol_large

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: