jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I had lots of stuff come today. The rest is coming tomorrow.

That is 60lbs of marshall island and tonga rock (not branch) These pieces are large. I may end up breaking the VERY large piece on top left. We'll see.

Attachments

• IMG_2631.jpg
    IMG_2631.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back. I recently downsized to a 60 cube. I went with the Acan 600DB and could not be happier. It sits on top of the tank with the mounting legs and looks awesome. Don't let anyone tell you LEDs have not arrived yet. IMO cube tanks have an artistic look to them and a bulky light fixture will not do the tank justice. That's my 2 cents, good luck with your build!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks brick and my2girls :)

I am filling the tank at the moment. The plumbing is done. I have to organize all the wires and hook everthing up etc.. Here's where I'm at right now.
I'll take better pics later.

I'm not sure if I like the stand with the granite color that I have chosen.. Oh well it's there and it's not moving :)

Attachments

• DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 568
  • DSC_0044.jpg
    DSC_0044.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Sam!!

James, thanks. I'm glad that my last tank motivated you to go SPS.

Justin!!! Long time. What are you setting up? Good to see you still posting.

Justin_NY

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
im setting up 90 gallon . so far i have the tank, aquac ev400, 2 mp40, 2 radion, mrc calcium reactor, eshopps sump, kalk reactor,... . still looking for apex neptune, and jbj chiller. u have a beautiful 65 gallon before. are u still living in the same house or u already move?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Justin, I moved from there 8 years ago. I live in Rockaway now. I had fun with that 65gal. I learned a lot about SPS with that tank.

Tony, I just got things flowing. I didn't aquascape yet. Just a blob of rocks for now :)

Attachments

• FirstFull.jpg
    FirstFull.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 454
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 459

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I still have a lot to do. I am waiting on a blue led DJ power strip. Once it comes I will tuck all wires away neatly and organized. The right side of my stand is half empty. I plan on having an acrylic top off water container made to fit perfectly. I should be able to get 20 gallons under there with no problem.
Once the tank start sucking up calcium, alkalinity, and mg, I will add a triple doser and have an acrylic container made with 3 separate sections for dosing.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Hey rich i havent tried it yet but with the hanging kit for the t5s i can raise it but how do we go about lowering it back down :arg:

The nipple on top of the silver bullet looking thing is spring loaded. Push it in (support the weight of fixture) and it will lower.

I'll aquascape later :). I was up all night making ro water :)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
lookin good man, congrats on your return......in many ways, we're never 100% out.

I don't think I'll ever be out for good. I had fish tanks since I was 7. Saltwater since I was 18 (Im 34 now). Sometimes this hobby can be a PITA but I enjoy creating living art. Not to mention that most of my buddies have reefs:redface:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
nice setup! you like granite tops huh? my friend bought your solana setup a while ago with the marble top stand.

Yea I think it dresses things up a bit. I have a hookup for granite/marble so it doesn't cost me much. It also protects the wood from delaminating. How's my old setup doing?

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: