Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
So not a good update guys. I heard a snap last night at like 2 am as I was watching you tube reef videos. i went to the tank ad checked everything out and everything was fine. Once in a while my house makes noises or something shifts in a closet. Anyway I was on my phone and I looked at the tank and noticed that the one piece euro brace snapped! I guess that was what I heard last night. I immediately drained the tank. I didn't notice bowing or anything and it didn't spring any leaks or anythings that's good. I e-mailed the guy that built the tank I am waiting to hear back. I actually didn't it from a manufacturer I got it from a guy that built that was an employee of the manufacturer. he built this one for him self and then decided he didn't want it once he stopped working for the company. I really hope he helps me out here. I attached a picture.

Attachments

• 20121219_190316.jpg
    20121219_190316.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 456

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The tank is already drained. I drained it right away I didn't want to take any chances. How big does the patch have to be. The top part can be long but the bottom would restrict drainage into my overflow box. How big are the patches usually? See the pics

Attachments

• 20121220_094230.jpg
    20121220_094230.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 458

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
You think one on top is enough? Do I put silicone in the cracked part before hand as well? I have a glass guy coming tomorrow. He will bring half inch glass with him that he can cut and polish on the spot. I gotta go find some aquarium safe silicone. I know home depot has ge number 1 which is good for tanks I wonder if they have black silicone.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
no need to put silicone on the crack. just make sure you put the silicone in a v shape and around the perimeter. also make sure you clamp it down, and let dry for 48 hours. you want the silone to ooze out leaving about 1/16 layer between glass. Not sure if they have black GE1 at home depot.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: