Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The one piece euro brace snapped in the front right corner and back left corner. I didn't know the back snapped until I removed the canopy today.

@rkaragozler What will work better new one piece euro brace or a regular euro brace? I am going to add a center brace as well. Should i get tempered or regular glass?

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Nope the stand is good, my floors are off and I did a crappy job leveling the tank, so I guess it was me.... Side to side was perfect but front to back was off. So the back brace tore and the front brace tore. i hope it wont be too expensive to fix. As annoying at it is this could have easily happened in two weeks when the tank would be full, or it could have snapped a front or back glass viewing pane and i would have had a mess. It would literally have been like a Sandy insurance claim. The water could have screwed up my entire house since the tank is not directly above but close to being above my electrical svc. I deal with Con Ed all day, there is no city or government agency that I hate more then Con Ed. I deal with everyone and they are ust not responsive in the energy services department which deals with new meters and service. I would have been out of svc for months! I literally would have had to move out of my house. Also I am happy it was my mistake and not the manufacturers mistake. If it would have been their mistake I would have always been nervous that this thing can always crack again, at least now I know the cause and I am working on a remedy. Watcha gonna do **** happens.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I only use Momentive RTV100 series, the last number indicates color.
The best would be to replace the whole top brace, since you mentioned you had another crack.
But before you proceed that tank has to be leveled perfect, use a larger level to do this.

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Seems like the 1200 is the best to use. What is stronger a one piece brace using regular glass or a siliconed brace using tempered glass? I can't get a one piece tempered it's very expensive and takes a while to come in.

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The 23rd is my wedding anniversary. Today is 8 years. My wife is awesome look at what she got me!

Attachments

• 20121222_230909.jpg
    20121222_230909.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 418

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I wouldn't chance it man.

I would get the guitar strings, put wooden handles that they wrap around on each end- maybe thick dowels cut to length and then you'll be able to use a sawing action as you pull it along.

Glass and extreme heat in a relatively low ambient temperature never mix in my book, plus I wouldn't want to melt silicone on any of your good seams.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: