Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Thank you and even some better news, the moorish idol took to the new era marine algae grazer that I feed my tang/angels!

Also the moorish idol is eating SA Dryhatchery like a pig 1.2mm pellets.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Liking the fish brando. How are the anthias doing?

Anthias are great I added them on 2/23 from DOTR and they have been great so far. I feed twice daily some flakes and then either pellets or frozen and they all seem to be fine. There is a total of 4 in the tank. If I could get away with adding another trio I would consider it, but don't want to push my luck.

Sadly I think I am done with fish for awhile. I want to reconfigure my sump are a little bit by moving my reactors to a different spot and adding a UV sterilizer. I want the UV to help reduce algae and fight off potentially any diseases and help maintain water quality.

Although I am thinking come August I will add all my final fish which will be a few tangs + emperor angel or other large angel :flower:

How things going with you?

Yonkers28

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Everything is good stocking little by little. I doing mostly sps this time around
. I'm just having problems keep my alk up. I finally ordered my apex lite lol

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Apex lite all the way man, all the ways!

I still need Anthony (cough, cough, bum) to come by and help me with a few things on it, but otherwise I love mine.

What is your stocking looking like right now?

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
After not being active in 6 months I am finally back. It has been a long and hard journey, but I have decided to continue on. Look for some updates and new stuff coming in the next few weeks :).

HE IS BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So today I did a complete overhaul and have a bunch of equipment running in vinegar bath. My skimmer was filthy and my return needed a good cleaning.

I swapped out my return pump with a replacement one while the other soaks.

Ordered new cartridges for my reactors and some other things to make the tank better.

I shut down a few of my nanos and plan on setting up a quarantine to add some new fish to the tank in the near future.

I am also battling a nasty case of hair algae. I attribute that to not changing my ro filters and being inconsistent with running carbon/gfo.

Plan is to get reactors running online and stick with water changes. In addition I'll be adding a healthy amount of CUC to help battle it.

Well that is it for now, once the tank isn't hideous I will post some pictures of it.

Stocking as of now:
1. Snowflake Clownfish Pair
2. Melnaurus Wrasse
3. Orange Back Fairy Wrasse
4. Exquisite Wrasse

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So the moorish idol I foolishly did not quarantine and lost almost all my fish.

The only fish that remained were:
Yellow-Flanked Fairy Wrasse (Yellow Patch Wrasse)
Orange-Back Fairy Wrasse
Melnarus Wrasse

My 180 Gallon Saltwater tank as of 3/21/14:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uGyMmG5AaXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Current Stocking List:
Yellow-Flanked Fairy Wrasse (Yellow Patch Wrasse)
Orange-Back Fairy Wrasse
Melnarus Wrasse
Sustainable Aquatics Snowflake Clownfish
Sustainable Aquatics Snowflake Clownfish

I am battling a nasty hair algae after neglecting my tank for awhile, it was a lot worse last week and I am slowly correcting it.

Also I replaced my MP40 with the Jebao WP60 and I am very happy with the change. The MP40 alone was not enough power for my tank, but this WP60 is amazing!

I am going to order a CUC from Reeftopia once it warms up and then I plan on adding some fish slowly. I think either a trio of anithas or a hippo tang to start :x.

Thanks for looking!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: