jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Any updates RIch?

I pick up the stand this Monday and the tank should be ready this week :)
I upgraded skimmers to the skimz sm203. I have 40 pounds of premium fiji and 40 pounds of tonga curing for 6 weeks :) Once I start getting things together I'll post lots of pics.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The stand isnt finished yet. Here is the latest pic that I have. It's actually 2 parts. The bottom draw is a separate piece that boosts the height if the stand to 37". Still has to be stained, doors and hardware added.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,280
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
whoever gave you that idea for the drawer underneath is a smart guy ;). it looks great so far. Cant wait to see this bad boy up and running and wish you where closer cause i would be helping you out buddy.. i just texted ya :)...

also are you going to burn some of the wood before you stain? To give it that look....

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks guys. I picked up the stand from Tony yesterday and I was blown away. It came out better than I had hoped. Needless to say but I definitely recommend giving Tony a call if you want a quality custom stand.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Quick update. I finally got the tank and stand together and filled up. I am waiting on vortech mp40's and new sump so I temporarily plumbed in a rubbermaid. I did a quick aquascape which will probably change as I add corals from other tank within the next couple of weeks. There is not much rock in the display to give more room for SPS growth and flow, but I will have a large section of my sump dedicated to rock ruble. Everything is kind of a mess right now but I'll get it together soon :)

Attachments

• IMG_6521.jpg
    IMG_6521.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,185
  • IMG_6546.jpg
    IMG_6546.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,266
  • IMG_6547.jpg
    IMG_6547.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,250
Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Is that crystal glass lol

Nice build.

:wink1:Thanks.

use a credit card or any type of plastic to scrape when it needs cleaning.

Going to be a pain to do that since the tank is 26" high. I would use the credit card for coraline, but I was looking for a safer option for daily diatom on glass. Maybe one of those long kent wiper things?

Very interesting tank size Rich.
Remember that tank in the corner plumbed to the 120g? That was one of Mark's first attempts at tanks and at a weird dimension of 38.5"x24"x24"

I don't quite remember that one Warren. You had a lot of tanks down there :) What did you have in that tank?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: