Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Once your sump is ready we can tear everything apart and organize your setup. Nice and neat like! cant wait for the first coral run!!!!!

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Thanks Sam.

Mark what should I use instead of the magnet?

Rich for starphire glass there's nothing better than razor blade but not any manufacturer, I tested many of them doing my job and one company doing great job, ill show you.
I can make one extension handle for it if you want, it takes 2 minutes for me to clean 48"x22" glass, no way that something gonna stay on the glass, no matter algae, coral algae, snail eggs etc.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Wow the tank and stand look awesome!!any plans on a hanging canopy to match?I might have to swing by with some aquascaping ideas for ya

Thanks Tony. I might have to take you up on that offer. I'm not going crazy with the scape at the moment because it will change quite a bit to make room for a bunch of coral that I will transfer from my 60.

rich i use this magnet

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vertex-cleaner-mag-triplex.html

and don't go near the sand with that. Then i use the long scraper for close to sand bed :)

Long scraper.... I have to order one.

Once your sump is ready we can tear everything apart and organize your setup. Nice and neat like! cant wait for the first coral run!!!!!

Yes definitely need your organization skills :). Lots of coral runs this winter!

Rich I use the magnet but I wrap it in a filter pad with a rubber band. It doesn't clean so well on the first pass but eventually everything gets clean. Or get a robo snail :)

I was thinking to do that same for diatom but Mark has me worried about scratching the glass :wink1:

Rich for starphire glass there's nothing better than razor blade but not any manufacturer, I tested many of them doing my job and one company doing great job, ill show you.
I can make one extension handle for it if you want, it takes 2 minutes for me to clean 48"x22" glass, no way that something gonna stay on the glass, no matter algae, coral algae, snail eggs etc.

Next time i come by I will steal your scrapper ;) Thanks for an awesome tank buddy. You did a perfect job making this thing.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I decided to do the transfer early :) I had free time today and SPS did not look so great in the 60 gallon anyway. I am pretty happy with the way things came out. Corals stress was minimal, actually the corals are showing better polyp extension in new tank already.
I plan on testing cal and alk daily to avoid major swings until tank stabilizes somewhat

Here's a quick iphone pic. White balance is off but you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_6594.jpg
    IMG_6594.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 996
Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The corals are recovering well from the transfer. Colors are improving each day and I already see some good growth happening. I added the new sump from Custom King which I think came out great. Next step is organizing and concealing a mess of wires and hooking up the Apex. Thinking about adding reefbrite led strips to the sfiligoi for added pop? What do you think?

These cell phone pics look like crap. I will update around christmas time with pics from the DSLR

Attachments

• IMG_6842.jpg
    IMG_6842.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 919
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 911
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 922
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 913
  • IMG_6697.jpg
    IMG_6697.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 912
  • IMG_6701.jpg
    IMG_6701.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 913
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: