jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Kathy :) and thank you gpscuba.

I'm happy the way things are going with this one so far. I'm keeping things super clean, while feeding quite a bit, and the growth and color increase has been significant.

2 months running for comparison

here is the tank on Nov 4th

Nov 4 2013 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Here it is on Jan 5th

Jan 6th 2014 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Kasei came by and helped me hook up the Apex controller. I have so much to lean about this thing :)

the fish closet

Fish closet by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Looks great! I have a side cabinet also that does wonders for all the wires and "reef junk" that we love to keep around.

Thanks bud. That cabinet is a life saver. The woman was breaking chops because of the wires and reef stuff sitting exposed on the side of the tank :)

Rich,

where did you get that side cabinet? Sierra Living Concepts?

Nope I actually got it at Nadeau on the lower east side in Manhattan. They have a huge selection of rustic furniture and are the prices are pretty good, especially for being in the city.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
How long have you been dosing acro power? and how much per week?
Have you seen a small film of algae after your dose?

Thanks ..really considering it

I dosed acropower 6 days ago. 1 dose of 15mls. I don't see film algae but my cyano has started to spread more (I had some cyano prior to dosing). I wouldn't attribute anything positive or negative to acropower. Worth trying but I don't think it's the magic bullet. I do see a little more fluorescence to the SPS but then again I just swapped out my old 400w radium for a new one.

I would say if you have a starved system with pale SPS you can benefit from acropower, and other aminos.

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Tank is looking really great Rich.
Great video.

thanks Mike. The gel over the phone really makes all the difference. It's nice to show true colors with such a simple fix.

love the video ...the tank is amazing, making me wanna start a sps system :banghead:

Awesome Video! I have to come by soon and check out the tank

Thanks. Anytime bud!

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Thanks ...every one is giving this a "great review" but no one has used it for more than a few weeks. I have tried AA's before and have not noticed any diffrence other than a light algae film on my glass the day after I Dose :tired:

Thanks I'm going to try it.

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Tank looks great! Love the Drawer that really was a great idea. Think I might go custom on the next tank just to have the drawer.

What's in the middle if your cabinet with all the swiches?

Thanks! On the middle shelve I have 2 DJ power strips, EB 8 for the Apex controller, esv stuff, and the purple thing is the halide ballast.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: