Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
This is the ONLY reef tank on wheels ;) I will post one when I get a chance. still playing with stuff on the tank.

Thanks everyone for the compliments! :)

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I tested it and it was designed to be moved around full. The tank and stand are perfectly level and its not doing wheelies. It's just made so I can get behind and under the tank. I learned my lesson after about 90-100 tank setups and 1000 spills and counting.

Well I just got my Tunze 6105's on the Apex and WOW!?! Way too much flow on high and even on low I have to pulse it on 20 -40 percent intensity... Major sand storm. Corals love it but not the fish so much. Another thing to figure out.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Well the skimmer finally broke back in.

The tank now has HALIDES (I could't find my ballasts in the tear down)

And my damn RBTA's keep splitting.. I only want 1 and now I got 4!!

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Like a ****, I put them in a storage box on the bottom of the clothes closet. I just put the calcium reactor back online. I thought I might need a peristaltic pump but with the pressure from the manifold It looks like I dont :)

With this new setup I eliminated about 6+ extra pumps!!!

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Miuz,

I got everything from Usplastics.com. I can put together a list for you if you like. Let me know and I will PM you the info.

Skimmer is sick. This is the nastiest yet.

I finally had some time off from work to complete the install of the reactors and other odds and ends. Still need to finish the Apex connections, programming and some more wire/cord arrangement.

The manifold was my best investment to date. Next weekend off I am finishing my frag tank.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Thanks, It's a lot of work. I cant wait until I can just sit back, relax and enjoy it. I still have to setup the ATO, Float switches, Apex re-programming, going to change some pumps and get my cabinet set up for all adapters and ballasts. Another weekend I guess. I still have to order the skimmer, lights and custom frag rack for the frag tank.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
wow, this is amazing. i need to see this!!!

also, that's the near exact sump design i want...the entire thing is what i was originally envisioning with my set up but...cost and lack of patience interfered.

nice job!

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
There's most likely a reason you don't see tanks on wheels...I'm thinking of all the dolly wheel's that get busted on Tanked/Fish Tank Kings moving EMPTY fish tanks around. What are these rated for? How many are you using? How are you attaching them?

120g of water is 1020 pounds alone before rock/sand/other equipment. And now instead of supporting that weight distributed on the floor, it will be focused on the point where the wheels hit the floor. I know how much damage i did to a wood floor with myself in an office chair, I can't imagine that nice parquet floor holding up too well.

I'm not trying to take away from a potentially great idea, just hope you've thought it through and surprised no one has raised these questions yet. Either way, looking forward to watching it come together...the sump setup is sick!

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
It's parquet on top of concrete. No worries there. The stand is basically built like a big dolly. I don't plan on moving it often, only when I need to.

Thanks for the compliments

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Oh no... Not a Scoots approval!?! Whats up buddy? I am just trying to be like you ;)

I had such a small area to get everything in or under I had to have everything custom made and sized except the skimmer. You don't even see the calcium reactor which is inside the sump. It fit perfectly. George from Geo's Reef is incredible when it comes to acrylic. He made me anything I asked for and then added some of his own magic ideas. That pellet reactor is a one off.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: