Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Here is an update. Tank finished and in my garage waiting for my stand to be picked up.

Thanks Mark Reefoman :)

Now for the plumbing to come in :)

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I got the plumbing... That's the fun part ;)

Tony,

You took 2 years to set yours up. I am only in my 6th month. Do ing it slow and steady. the right way :)

The LR curing tank. Been in there for 2 months now.

My overstocked tank in its final glory. Cant wait to take it down.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Well I finally got everything together. The stand is perfect and tank is beautiful..

First pics.. I got the stand in place and had to measure for the mat for inside the stand and for the tank base.

Then I wanted to add my casters. I love being able to move my tanks around without emptying them. I have wood floor and saltwater is rough on them. The casters are rated at 1200 lbs each and TonyT made the base of the stand 4" thick reinforced and bolted together. Great builder!!

Then to get the mess of wires and the old tank out of the way!

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Plenty of room for all my goodies :)

I used 1/2" thick yoga mat. It is antimicrobial, waterproof, doesn't compact too much like styro and looks much better.

The tank on the stand

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Getting there man!!

Goodies!! I still have to hook them up but I made the manifold for everything.

First water test

Sand in and first water

I figured while I wait the 20 hours for the tank to fill I would work on the aquascaping. I wanted enough rock for biological but less clutter and swimming room for my fish so I decided on cliffs and towers instead of a wall of rock.

I drilled 1/2" holes and used a pvc bender to get the shape I wanted. I used epoxy and crushed rock to fill in the gaps.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Uncle Jackson6745 aka Reef Pimp aka Skimmer King aka Fish Killer aka Bad Reefer, Came by to help my finish my plumbing and general point out the obvious. We got all the plumbing done with one minor leak from an un-tightened union. I can honestly say I love the Jebao DC 9000 pump. Dead silent on level 1,2,3.. On 4,5,6 a hum but not really noisy. The power it has is amazing. It shot water across the tank in a straight line on level 2.

I am using 2 x 7" filter socks which has pulled out all kinds of gunk and the skimmer is back to working as usual. I just have to make a stand for my reactors and I will be done with filtration. I will be cleaning up all the wires after everything else is complete.

Finished the transfer but have to add my Tunze onto the Apex but the Vortechs are on.

The Apex board :) Trying to be as neat as possible.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I will worry about that in 5 years ;). Yeah I can move the tank easy with one hand and it is smooth. These are the best casters you can get. Richie was laughing at me and called me crazy until we had to move the tank to get at the back for plumbing. He loves it now :)

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Hah! Now I know why you was so quiet last week...
You was playing making that perfect circles with your apex wires...?
J/k Kasei I really like how you did it, I would love to have my cables in the right place as yours... Some day maybe ;)

PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
120 gallon reef.....on wheels. Omg. I had NO idea that it could be done. I want to put wheels on my 90 soooooo bad now. I know with my crappy AGA stand, it can't be done. I've been meaning to upgrade my stand with more clearance in the cabinet and removable side panels. Now I want exactly what you did....a Roller Reef! Great job! Everything looks FANTASTIC! And great job to those that made your stand, tank and everything else.

Question. Do you put wheel chucks to secure the wheels? I didn't see any locking mechanism on them.

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
With the weight on them no need for brakes or chucks unless your on a hill ;)

I had wheel on my 60g AGA stand but had to reinforce it heavily and then the wheels I used were okay but not the best. So even though I could move it, it wasn't a really easy thing to do.

PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've searched high and low for any video showing a large reef tank on caster wheels with no luck. Found a few stills showing stands with wheels on them but none showing it being moved. If you have to move your tank for any reason, can you please post a vid showing you rolling the tank? I would like to see how you would go about doing it. Thanks!

Btw, did I mention awesome setup? :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: