Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
First time in 10 years!!! Undetectable nitrates... Woohoo..
Calcium reactor is on point holding at 11.2 dkh and 450 ppm calcium and pH at 8.22. Now to check phospahte :(

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Using a Red Sea test kit. Po4 is undetectable and nitrate is same. I will have to start doing the low range portion of the test kit to check now.

I finally finished up the wiring part of the tank. I changed the Tunze pumps out for another Vortech MP40. Cleaner look and more options for flow. Got the cabinet next to the tank that holds all the power supplies and Co2 tank. Much nicer!!

I took out all of the Rose BTA's from the tank. They would split every 2 weeks!! I set up my frag tank/coral quarantine. Got a Photon light hung from the ceiling (great fixture), skimmer setup and Tunze 6055 ready to go. Now I need some miracle mud for the rock/refugium chamber.

I also decided to use Ozone with the DT just to see of it makes any real changes in the tank. Not going to use it 24/7 but maybe 4 hours a day. Ordered a air dryer from Geo's Reef which should be here monday. I have to send out the skimmer lid to Avast so they can custom fit the neck cleaner on it.

Every reactor is now online and running perfectly. Skimmer cup has been drilled and tapped for the collection container with auto shutoff. Skimmer is going nuts! Black and stinks to Holy Hell...

All of the Apex stuff is online except the ATO. Going to change how I have it hooked up and run a dedicated RO/DI unit straight through the wall to an ATO container and then top off the tank. NEVER CARRYING WATER AGAIN!!!

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
People were asking me if I can move the tank when it's full?

Frag tank

Waiting for Custom King to make some magic and build me a cool frag rack that will hold 60+ frags at a time.

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
This is it Pierce. No more tanks. Not breaking down so no dibs. You have to let me know when you will be around. I am coming back out to Cali in Jan.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I work for frags ;)

I finally got around to painting the back of the glass. Makes the tank look bigger and hides all the wires from sight.

Some coral shots.

Last edited:

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
What's the name of this coral and where can I get a frag of it?

20131130_195514_zps21023231.jpg

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
It's a purple plana. It's a mariculltured colony. It's growing well. I can send you a frag. :) Look around, it's not rare!

I had almost a third of my old 150 covered with two large colonies before I broke down the tank back in 2003 for the move to NY. The guy I left a large piece with ended up killing it. I have not seen any other coral with that type of polyp extension.

I am coming over during x-max with a cutters and a fedex label :)

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I Got another shipment in from the genius mind from Geo's Reef. This guy is amazing!

Ozone reactor, frag racks and carbon air filter with Air drier system!!!!!

He made my racks so I can stack them or use them side by side in a larger tank if I upgrade my frag system. How cool is that? With removable peg legs!

My system is stabilizing fast. No cyano , nitrates at zero and po4 undetectable. Growth is crazy. And the colors are getting much better than the corals were in my 60g. So far very happy with the setup.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: