Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Well I finally came to a point where I can no longer fit anymore corals or fish into my 60g cube. So I am upgrading to a 120g tank. This will be my final upgrade until I find my last home (search for houses has started) and retire.

Also competing with Jackson6745 added fuel to the fire. So equipment stocking has begun and is almost finished.

120g 4x2x2 Reefomania custom starfire tank
Custom 3' high stand on wheels ;-)
Custom King 39" sump
Custom King ATO, Salt mix, Dosing containers
GEO's Reef Calcium Reactor nano 512/ Aquarium Plants regulator
GEO's Reef Custom Fluidized pellet reactor
GEO's Reef GFO and GAC reactors
GEO's Reef auto shut off waste container
2x Giesemann Spectra 400W w/4 T5 fixtures
2 x Vortech MP40's
2 x Tunze 6105's
Jebao DC 9000 return pump
Skimz 163 DC skimmer
Avast Squabbie neck cleaner
Apex Full w/2 EB8, 2 EB4, PM1, PM2,WXM and leak detector
Aqua-Trend Evolution One Doser

I am not doing a refugium because I am lazy. I am doing a 4" sand bed with Live rock. I want to reduce the amount of livestock due to higher nitrates in the 60g that I couldn't keep down and I want different fish (more triggers and tangs)

Thanks to Custom King and Geo's Reef for all of the complicated stuff I kept asking for and the excellent work they did for this project. Also to Jackson6745 (Richie) for keeping my head on straight while designing this build.

Pics to follow..

Stand should be ready next week and tank soon after.

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I also picked up a 45g cube AIO from Custom King as a QT tank for my fish until the tank is dialed in and no ich present. Then I have to transfer all of this to the new tank. I think I may need some help and a whole weekend for that!

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Rich, did you order your sump yet? I am going all grey pipe this time. Placing an order, so if you need plumbing parts let me know. I don't want 60 fish, I want 60 inches of fish this time :)

Thanks Viplok. Save you strength to move this tank into your house ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: