MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I forgot your using macro rock so I'm not sure if you will have a bloom or not? could be..... I hear that Marco rock leaches allot of phosphates so I would just go threw it and run your GFO and water changes. It's not the end of the world and due diligence will get you threw it ;)

Good luck man looking good so far.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
I forgot your using macro rock so I'm not sure if you will have a bloom or not? could be..... I hear that Marco rock leaches allot of phosphates so I would just go threw it and run your GFO and water changes. It's not the end of the world and due diligence will get you threw it ;)

Good luck man looking good so far.

Yup marco dre rock. I used Pukani before, I think that leak a lot too. I'll be running gfo and bio pellet. At first I wasn't planning gfo but after u mention it, I'll just run gfo too.

And good to know no unwanted algea bloom with bare bottom.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
IMOP if you are going to run Bio Pellets I would skip the GFO.
I think the pellets work better without the GFO.
Something to look into + it will save you money ;)

Cool skipping gfo then :)

Progress :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 409

FastUno

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I kneeeeeeeew it!!!!

When I came to your house, I wondered why you were selling/taking apart your awesome setup last year. You are like me, always thinking of taking things apart once fully established & then the reefing force is too strong in you to just be without a tank.

Ahaaaahhaa, I kneeeew it...it won't be long till this guy has the burning need to setup another tank.

I have been growing the corals that you sold me nicely & they are ready to frag now, so let me know.

I don't know why you did not get 3x 120W Chinese LED fixtures & supplement with T5's? 3x Kessils will NOT cut it for the SPS you had kept last time, you need at least 5 for 72" & it is much harder to place with top partitions.

JavyJaverson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Nice build Sam good stuff. I would skip the bio pellets and go with gfo, but thats just me. Awesome lights, but Kessils are point source lights and those high peaks may not have optimal light distribution because of this. If you plan to keep sps i would try a lower plateau kind of scape. I am also planning on kessils, prob 4 or 5 with carefully planned aquascaping.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
I kneeeeeeeew it!!!!

When I came to your house, I wondered why you were selling/taking apart your awesome setup last year. You are like me, always thinking of taking things apart once fully established & then the reefing force is too strong in you to just be without a tank.

Ahaaaahhaa, I kneeeew it...it won't be long till this guy has the burning need to setup another tank.

I have been growing the corals that you sold me nicely & they are ready to frag now, so let me know.

I don't know why you did not get 3x 120W Chinese LED fixtures & supplement with T5's? 3x Kessils will NOT cut it for the SPS you had kept last time, you need at least 5 for 72" & it is much harder to place with top partitions.

Hi Zoran, sorry if i misspell your name. Well, i need some work in the basement and it's causing humidity issues so just a short break, but i'm back :). And the kids drove me crazy and had no time to enjoy the tank at all. And it was an excuss for me to do an inwall now...lol!!!!

Frags? nice, i'm ready soon....lol!!!

Your so right, without a tank i feel a bit bored....lol! Reef bug bites :splitspin

I was going to go all out for light but then didn't feel like dropping 2k so i change to kessil. For a change i wanted something very slim profile and allow me to work the front of the glass so i went with kessil. Coverage won't be perfect but allows me to work on the tank easily.

wow
That fish you have in your avatar would fit there
Very nice

Lol!!!! i would love to put one in :)

Nice build Sam good stuff. I would skip the bio pellets and go with gfo, but thats just me. Awesome lights, but Kessils are point source lights and those high peaks may not have optimal light distribution because of this. If you plan to keep sps i would try a lower plateau kind of scape. I am also planning on kessils, prob 4 or 5 with carefully planned aquascaping.

thanks Javy!!! I hear you about the pellet...i want to try it out and if that can replalce GFO, that will be awasome if not i'll go back to gfo, don't like changing them out. I already got a pellet reactor from eddie and media will be here today.

Yeah, i hear you on the kessil. I got the wide angle lense, coverage is suprising good. I got a pretty nice deal on it, figure if i don't like it i'll sell it off losing a little. Yeah, i'm probably going to lower the rockscape a little especially the one on the right side. but it's partially cemented :biggrinpa

Cool Sam,

Got stuff for ya when your ready!

cool dude, i'll be ready in a few weeks :). Glad you still hanging around and not out there in the carribean yet. Let's go get some fish....lol! My sea legs is craving for some striper....hahhahha!!!

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
No but it's pretty ****'y they are still selling old stock with known problems.
It really sucks, not sure if I want to pray that mine will die before a year or that it last several years. If it dies in time, hopefully they replace for free with the new one.

nice little pile of parts you got there, call me if you need anything, don't worry about time if your doing tonight I'll be up. good luck!
Thanks Allen, I think i'm good...still working hard here :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: