Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I love their mouths! :) Jon, you did way better with the bowfront than I did. Great pictures. I wish we had a video of the dwarf lion gobbling up all those minnows.

Dom, I was re-reading this thread ... what happened to the other fish that were in the tank from your original post? Did they go the way of ... food?

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Great pictures Jon! Thanks for the kudos too. It was a pleasure meeting you. The shots of the Ribbon Eels eating are awesome!

I was going to PM you guys.... today was the first day I have been able to get the Ghost Ribbon Eel to eat a piece of shrimp. I was pumped!

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I love their mouths! :) Jon, you did way better with the bowfront than I did. Great pictures. I wish we had a video of the dwarf lion gobbling up all those minnows.

Dom, I was re-reading this thread ... what happened to the other fish that were in the tank from your original post? Did they go the way of ... food?

The skunk clowns, male percula, scallop and one Pajama cardinal became food :eat:

The fairy wrasse is the one I told you was being picked on by the eels at night so I moved him to the 200+ gallon tank. After 4-5 carpet surfing events he finally took a ride for the last time as I wasn't home to put him back in the water. I am still baffled how he got through the egg crate that was on the tank so many times.

The Yellow Watchmen Gobies were given away as I could not take them stirring up the fine sand. I eventually covered the fine sand with course. I should have kept them. I had the pipefish for about 7 months before I had a terrible temp spike one day and all my pipefish died. (tank temp ran over 85 degrees. I have sinced added a chiller and removed all heaters).

I still have the two other Pajamas.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Sorry about the bowfront. It was a deal I couldn't refuse. Soon all of the occupants in that tank are going to be moved into the 200+ gallon acrylic tank. I ordered new lights yesterday. Actually, I was hoping you (Jon) would let me know when GA gets the halides in stock that you are on the waiting list for. I don't remember the brand but Jason said they were awesome so I wanted to buy a few.

Thanks again for stopping by and taking pictures!

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Dom if they are the fauna marins I'm waiting for i think they might cook your tank.
You'd go from little light to way to much light, I don't think coral would like it too much.
A good in between bulb is the ushio 14K 250DE. what lights did you get?

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Dom if they are the fauna marins I'm waiting for i think they might cook your tank.
You'd go from little light to way to much light, I don't think coral would like it too much.
A good in between bulb is the ushio 14K 250DE. what lights did you get?

I ordered Ushio 14k 150DE. Do you think I need more wattage? I do have another spacelight that takes 250DE bulbs.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Maybe I'll order the 250's too. It doesn't hurt to have brand new bulbs on call and I'll just use the bulbs I like best.

The picture of the two alligator pipefish is awesome too.

I also forgot to thank jhale, ellebelle and KathyC for all of your help and direction on keeping corals. I can't wait for all of the caps to grow out.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Here is some more pics courtesy of ellebelle:

AlligatorPipefishLissa.jpg

SeahorseLissa.jpg

YellowSeahorseLissa.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: