KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Sorry I forgot to get those close-ups :eek: Today for sure

Hmmm..you posted this on 7/16...

and then you posted this on 7/28
Well the time has come and my tank is overgrown. The torch is stinging the pulsing leather and the torch is also touching the surface. The green sinularia is literally growing out of the water. I've decided to let the corals do their thing and grow as they will, without me bothering them to see what will happen in a softie/LPS tank.

Hmmm....maybe it just my computer the pics don't show up on?...lol

Tease!

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Thanks Rich! Keeping my hand outta the tank helps a lot!

Kat,

I know it sounds nuts, but if you're ever in Brooklyn, stop by you'll see what I mean. I feel like I'm doing everything wrong but having the best of luck with this setup.

CLOSE UPS CLOSE UPS CLOSE UPS!!!!!!! Gotta go borrow my moms camera

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Well I finally have a new picture or two. The tanks a little mad at me right now after fragging some stuff, it always gets mad :D. Should have lots of closeups later tonight or tmrw.

First pic is my Canary Blenny "Pineapple" from Randy :) along with my percs Penny(female) and Dime(male).

107_6858-1.jpg

This photo is of a cyphastrea(sp?) forgot the name of it, but it's a future piece for the DBTC :)

107_6886.jpg

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Thanks Rick and Lenny!!! :)

Pics definately coming up tonight, got the camera charging. Lights just came on so lets hope the tank has forgiven me.

I currently have 2 percs, 2 hoeven's wrasses, 1 royal gramma, and a canary blenny. Given those fish, what would be another good addition or two and would play nice with the group that's already in the tank?

Some stupid part of me still wants to try pairing up my royal gramma but realize its basically impossible :(. What about the canary blenny, anyone think he would be pairable?

-Kris

P.S. Yes i have a thing for pairs, I think it looks that much nicer.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Soooo time for a little update. Tanks doing good, did a bunch of trimming and moving, to make the room in the tank for things to grow out.

Question for my peoples, I want to get a milli or two for the back center of my tank right under the halide. THink it would be wise to put em in there? FYI I have a ORA green birdnests growing great and in the tank.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Kris if you keep your phosphates low at all times, keep all the SPS you want.

I was hoping you would see this :).

Heres where you're gonna wanna kick my @$$, i have not a clue what my phosphates are :eek:. All I'm going on is that I have montis nicely colored and that birdnests colored up nicely. As you know my filtration is basically carbon.

Thats why i asked, not sure it would be the wisest choice.

-Kris

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Phosphate is an acros Kryponite

Use a keen eye to test for phosphate. Look at the color of all your SPS. Browning would be a sign of high PO4. Look at all the different algae that grow in your tank. Green build up on the glass and red slime on rocks is a sign of high PO4.
When things are going good take notice how long it takes for a brown film to build up. Fast diatom growth is your gauge for rising phosphate.

You should get a good phosphate testkit though Kris. Jhale say Elos give pretty accurate results

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Rich, the rocks are clean as can be. I get no algae growth on them. The only place i get some red slime, about a 3x 3 patch is in the front right corner of the tank. That has always been the spot for red slime since i set up this system. Build up on the glass is more of a problem for me, nothing major but I can't say its not there. Wipe the glass maybe twice a week now that i have a magcleaner.

Think gorgonians would be a better choice, for a high flow(random, turbulent) spot?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: