Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
And then there was light...

DSC01704Small.jpg

DSC01702Small.jpg

DSC01700Small.jpg

Couldn't be happier with the way the light looks (Thanks Russ). We flip flopped from this light to that light and finally came to a decision! Now if only the cycle would HURRY UP!!!

Also since the last aquascape pics I posted we added more rocks. And it has remained this way for a while, I liked it but now actually seeing it... makes all the difference in the world, and don't want to change a thing.

PICs of the Refugium (75g)...
DSC01661Small.jpg

DSC01663Small.jpg

And the RO/DI-- we added two more stages originally it was a four stage but considering we have well water and wanted to make sure we get down to Zero ppm. (which we are now)
DSC01660Small.jpg

Will update again soon with the lights... we just put them up temp tonight just to see how they looked, they arrived today by the lovely UPS man... Love UPS :inlove:

Funny story... we hadn't had anything but return pump flow for about a week until we got our Vortech... well when we turned it on.... it smelled like ~~words cannot describe, or well let's just say I'd like to keep this thread clean :lol:. Low tide was an understatement. Thankfully the water has cleared up and isn't yellowed anymore and everything is testing that we are cycling, if only it didn't have to take so long :irked:

BrooklynsReefMan1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I want to clap for you ( ) ( ) ose are my hands lol and let me tell you ive been following your thread since day 1 and im amazed it is looking so PROfessional

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I want to clap for you ( ) ( ) ose are my hands lol and let me tell you ive been following your thread since day 1 and im amazed it is looking so PROfessional

Hardly professionals here... and I got some crap from hubby for posting a pic with the nasty zip ties on the return pipes in the fuge LOL... it's a work in progress that is for sure. And we are learning as we go. :splitspin

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
looks great.....but why the 2 thermostats in the front....1 would be enough in the sump......but i would reccomend a controller like reefkeeper or aquacontroller for the tank....helps automate things so much easier

BrooklynsReefMan1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
but you know what i couldnt evencare less about the zip ties because i use them too they keep stuff in a even bunch and there not immpossible to cut off. im still going to clap

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
looks great.....but why the 2 thermostats in the front....1 would be enough in the sump......but i would reccomend a controller like reefkeeper or aquacontroller for the tank....helps automate things so much easier

We had them all over for the past couple weeks before lights without heaters to see what the temperature of the tank was going to be, ex. with the dryer going (tank is in the laundry room which is a large room but still), with the temp change in our apartment etc. Wanted something to gauge what is going to become of things. As we aren't getting a chiller just yet. Thanks for the suggestion on the reefkeeper or aquacontroller we have been looking into one. The list keeps getting longer and longer of "I wants" which shortly after becoming "I wants" become "I needs".

autoponicz