Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Absolutely awesome. Seeeeee, now isn't that FTS showing the in-wall design great.

Thanks for sharing your creation. Nice to watch it grow with you.

Russ

Took the FTS just for you Russ :)

Kathy and Awilda-- thanks ladies :) Everyone seems to be happy, I'm just glad I have better luck with fishtanks and aquatic life than I do plant life... don't mind my dead plant next to the tank :lol: The cats keep munchin' on 'em.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Aww Sybil, don't be so hard on yourself. That plant there first off I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out. Second, and most importantly that there plant is not all that easy to care for. I found it to be one of the most temperamental house plants. Even more so then the ficus tree.;)

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Just wanted to post pics of the most visible growth in the past month, on one of our corals... Picked up these rics at the swap from HOF, they are very happy :) and so am I.

Then:

DSC02029Small-1.jpg

Now:
DSC02260Small.jpg

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
120 gallon Oceanic Tech. Glad to inspire :)

Now that it is up and running I have to say though I wish we would have went larger. We had a 170g fish only in the past and went smaller to start a reef tank being new to reef keeping.

Live and learn. :)

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
LOL If it wasn't going to be such a task to convert everything, you sure would. We are just going to wait until we move again to go bigger. I can live with that though. Just loving it all right now... it is soo much fun:tongue1:!

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well now that summer is over... and we're more homebound.. time to resurrect this thread.

Tank is doing well.. we lost a few corals over the past few months but nothing major and basically because they flipped or were knocked over and I failed to notice until it was a few days if not more later. :smash:

The snails have multiplied.. there are baby snails all over the place, not like they are taking over but there are quiet a bit of them.

The bottle was tossed finally as it just became a PITA and a hermit got trapped in it, after that I felt bad and got rid of it. (Got the hermit out though--tiny lil' booger)

I know.. I know "Where's the pictures" "This thread is useless without pics"... I am going to try and put up a few a bit later today once the lights come on.

Ryan-- funny thing... everyone says star polyps are the devil and multiply like crazy, those are the only things that we cannot seem to get going in here. They are exactly the same size they were when HOF had given them to us and rarely open up. Everything else happy as a clam (hee hee). Those are happy too.

I have moved those damn things all over in the past several months and nothing. Oh well. I guess I should count my blessings?

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Clams...
DSCF0167Small.jpg

Russ the one on the right is the one we picked up that day from you guys, what seems like ages ago.

Rics...
DSCF0160Small.jpg

growing like weeds :)
DSCF0159Small.jpg

Watermelons (Also from HOF tiny lil' frag from the start barely covered the disc.. now practically covering the rock)
DSCF0198Small.jpg

DSCF0185Small.jpg

DSCF0183Small.jpg

Snail races anyone?????

DSCF0181Small.jpg

These guys found the anemone in less than an hour in tank. The other clowns we did have went MIA a few months ago... :(
DSCF0178Small.jpg

An emerald..running from the pistol shrimp.. he went in the wrong rockwork to get something to eat. LOL
DSCF0176Small.jpg

Pistol Shrimp.. getting huge..
DSCF0175Small.jpg

FTS..
DSCF0191Small.jpg

DSCF0195Small.jpg

DSCF0196Small.jpg

DSCF0197Small.jpg

Last edited:

RaSooch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Beautiful. Keep up the great work

Your tank has helped me decide on which tank I am going to get.

Man now I want to go out and order it already, I really need a raise.

Once again very nice.

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Russ--- Thanks for the WB! I popped in from time to time to check in and lurk here and there... but time is so limited lately. :division:Still working on getting a clone:lol:

RaSooch-- Thanks. :eek: It really is a nice tank. We've been very happy with it. Size wise no complaints other than we'd have double the amt. of gallons if we had the room and $$. All in all though this size fits well into our tank budget and allows us to splurge from time to time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: