2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
lol, thanks for the SOS.

i'll try to do it myself this weekend, hope i don't crack the tank :frown:

pootie dont do it urself the tank will crack lol... theres a guy on here i think his s/n is duke... ask damien05 who drilled his tanks he will give ya the info... i think duke charges 30-40 per hole... very reasonable considering i have found drills with the bites used for 400 on craigslist.

you can also ask ny aquarium service since hes rite around the corner from you...

also... how many gph does that return pump flow? and do you know if its quiet... looks like over kill for ur set up lol....

make sure you buyu a ball valve if not i got a feeling that that pump will flood ur main tank.. if i have sometime this week i will stop by. try and lend ya a hand..

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
pootie dont do it urself the tank will crack lol... theres a guy on here i think his s/n is duke... ask damien05 who drilled his tanks he will give ya the info... i think duke charges 30-40 per hole... very reasonable considering i have found drills with the bites used for 400 on craigslist.

you can also ask ny aquarium service since hes rite around the corner from you...

also... how many gph does that return pump flow? and do you know if its quiet... looks like over kill for ur set up lol....

make sure you buyu a ball valve if not i got a feeling that that pump will flood ur main tank.. if i have sometime this week i will stop by. try and lend ya a hand..
yea i'm thinking about just running the overflow at this point. But i'll inquire about someone who can drill it by the weekend, if all else fails i'll run the overflow. But i'm a lil scared if the overflow fails and stops draining water, will the return flood the main tank?

As far as the pump goes , i was told it flows 600gph, which is actually good for my 75g Display tank. But i will mos deff put some ball valves justtt incaseee. lol

i'll get all the plumbing run on Saturday and I'll be picking up a RODI from DVS at the frag swap on Sunday( Tanks DvS). So expect water in the tank by Monday! :smile:

Last edited:

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
kool good stuff... wow thats a bigg pump for only 600gph... **** must be good lol...

ur main tank can flood with a sump either way.... drilled tanks just look prettier imo... however overflow box can do the job! theres plenty of ppl that use overflow boxes make a thread ask there opinions... if not hit up DUKE62...

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
kool good stuff... wow thats a bigg pump for only 600gph... **** must be good lol...

ur main tank can flood with a sump either way.... drilled tanks just look prettier imo... however overflow box can do the job! theres plenty of ppl that use overflow boxes make a thread ask there opinions... if not hit up DUKE62...

noooooo, no swimming in my living room!!!!!

lol, maybe it's the pic!! I should have put something in the pic to judge size of the pump. It's about 8" long.

I PMed Duke62. So hopefully i can hear back from him soon!:smile:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Yes, it is an excellent pump. I'm on my 2nd. one since I began reefing some 8yrs. ago and the 1st. one was bought used.;) It stayed w/me some 5yrs.or so.
But you do need that ball valve, because it may be to much flow for your tank. I originally had it on a 120 now on the 155....

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
junior

I feel bad for those animals i recommend reading Natural Reef Aquariums by John Tullock.I have lost many anemones to a power head.Good luck.

Last edited:

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I feel bad for those animals i recommend reading Natural Reef Aquariums by John Tullock.I have lost many anemones to a power head.Good luck.

The hose on the top just fell off that day, It was replaced in a hour or so, just so heppened the pix were taken at the same time . I assume you are speaking about the bubbles. lol

The anemone wasn't even in the tank yet, still in the bag.

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Jonathen, I think Dre is referring to the 8 bags you have floating in your earlier pics. Way to many animals to add at one time. But I'm sure you know this already since you've been here a little bit.;)

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Jonathen, I think Dre is referring to the 8 bags you have floating in your earlier pics. Way to many animals to add at one time. But I'm sure you know this already since you've been here a little bit.;)

yea most deff noted. lol

funny thimg is not one fish died for like 8 months. Only thing that i couldn't keep back then was inverts. Even my whole cleaner crew died. :frown:. FIXED NOW :smile:

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Big Update!!

First off HUGE THANKS to Eric "mrRumm".. YOU ARE THE MAN!! Thanks for all the help!

Thanks to Deen, Phil,JHOV,Kris and all the many people on here that have helped me in the past few months !!

Well i had to move my tank last minute and called up Eric to see if he could halp. He came by and we moved everything in about 2 hours.

Because i upgraded to a 75g from a 55g. I didn't have enough water to fill the new tank. But thanks to Phil for the RODI and Refractormeter (thoes tools are the ISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH) makes life soo EZ .. But damn that RODI drip drip, trickle, drip lol. Took me till 5am to make enough water.

longgg day, but it's all over.

Just little more work.

Also thanks to Jim. I read your post somethere about that garbage bag trick to prevent sandstorm . IT WORKSSSS!! :smile:

TONSS OF PIX WILL BE POSTED SOON!

Last edited:

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Pix from the move!

40 lbs Live sand
lIVESAND.jpg

livesand1.jpg

getting the plumbing for the sump together.
1" PVC on the drain with a union and ballvalve
overflowpvc.jpg

IMG00192-20090502-1606.jpg

a lottt of eldows to get in the sump. and a checkvalve, all 3/4" with ballvalve and union
returncheckvalve.jpg

returnplumbing.jpg

thembows.jpg

returnintotank.jpg

moving
Eric.jpg

rock.jpg

rock1.jpg

rock2.jpg

fish.jpg

all packed up
IMG00208-20090502-1939.jpg

new set up. sanddd
sandadded.jpg

sand2.jpg

not enough water :frown:
lilsandstorm.jpg

gotta make some, RODI. Thanks Phil and Joe
rodi.jpg

gettinthere.jpg

almostt done..
humm.jpg

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i'll be scaping the rocks later tonight or maybe tomorrow. Im just too tired to mess with it right now.

i still have to tint the back glass to hide all the ugly lines.

planning on getting rid of the powerheads for tonzes. Mybe some T5s if i get some extra $$. and start working on my coral collection.

BEST PART IS , NO1 DIED!! lol :smile:

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
did a bit of aquascaping lastnight, i'll most likely be changing a few things around.

skimmed a bit on the display since i still have to glue the plumbing for the sump. Which i'll wait for a day when my daughter isn't home to do.
skimmedabit.jpg

scape.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: