fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
And now today to add even more stress on top of everything, my sixline wrasse was able to get into my overflow box and I don't know how to get him out. I don't have a net small enough to be able to menuever in there, so I have to wait until he goes down into the sump where it will be easier to get him out.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
Well out of nowhere my lights just went out and I have no idea why. I was trying to get my sixline wrasse out and the lights just turned off out of nowhere. So now I got a problem with the lights, a sick fish in the qt, another fish that is stuck in my overflow and my firefish is missing.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
I got the lights on, the wrasse is out of the overflow and I'm not sure about my cardinal, but I hope he gets better. I think my tank is starting to get better, all of my fish seem normal and so does my shrimp.

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks. That was the worst time I've ever had with my fish. I've never lost 3 fish with a 3 week period. I can't wait until you get back into the hobby so we can trade corals n' things.

You're gonna be waiting for a long time...haha

I'll have to come and check out your tank from time to time, because I do miss having a fish tank :shhh:

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
So after about a week of battling some parasite in my QT tank, my pajama cardinal has passed on. He lasted alot longer than I had thought. Usually when I notice a fish has something wrong they die within the next day. My tank seems to be getting better. I am going to probably add some zoos or a mushroom or something and see how it does.

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Its doing good now. Everything seems stable, my parameters are good and my corals seem to be growing really well. I will probably add a few corals before I get any fish.

Just give it some more time to be on the safe side. See how the tank develops and then go slowly from there.

But glad to hear things are going good now, I will have to stop by one day and check it out!!

cathym1078

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Wow, reading your trend reminded me of the time I had problems with my tank. They seem to come in waves. I understand your frustration. I sometimes I want to just give up, but I didn't, and I'm glad I stayed on. I am fairly new to this hobby, but enjoying it. I've already broken down my first tank and put in a new tank. I got the red sea max 250, which is an awesome tank.

I do have one problem, one of my fire fish has gone missing :-(. I figured he got stressed being moved to a new tank just 3 weeks ago. I'm hoping he'll show up soon.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
You never gave parameters on this tank. The lr scaping looks very nice.
Where are you with the tank these days? Very sorry for your losses. I know it sucks... But hang in there, just go a little slower and do test. Preferrably with new test kits..

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
You never gave parameters on this tank. The lr scaping looks very nice.
Where are you with the tank these days? Very sorry for your losses. I know it sucks... But hang in there, just go a little slower and do test. Preferrably with new test kits..
I'll try to get some pics up today. My parameters are all good. I had a nitrate spike after all of those fish died, but I got it back down to it's normal level with a bunch of water changes but right now my parameters are:
Ammon-0
Trites-0
Trates-0
pH-8.1
Salinity-1.024
Alk-8
Calc-300
I'm really glad I stayed in the hobby, my tank is doing pretty well right now. My corals are growing pretty well right now.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
My fish tank has been doing really good lately. My corals are growing well and I have some good coraline algae growth. I left on vacation for about a week last week and left my tank in the care of one of my neighbors and when I came back everything looked pretty well. Anyway, I was thinking about getting another fish soon. I'm not sure what kind but I was thinking about another clownfish, or a cardinal or something. I took a pic of the tank today:
IMG_0245.jpg

Also, if anyone needs any free chaeto, I'm going to be doing some trimming so just pm me.

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My fish tank has been doing really good lately. My corals are growing well and I have some good coraline algae growth. I left on vacation for about a week last week and left my tank in the care of one of my neighbors and when I came back everything looked pretty well. Anyway, I was thinking about getting another fish soon. I'm not sure what kind but I was thinking about another clownfish, or a cardinal or something. I took a pic of the tank today:
IMG_0245.jpg

Also, if anyone needs any free chaeto, I'm going to be doing some trimming so just pm me.
i donno why, but i'd like to see a (or a pair) of Helichoeres chrysus "yellow wrasse"

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
i donno why, but i'd like to see a (or a pair) of Helichoeres chrysus "yellow wrasse"
I don't think the wrasse I have now will like another wrasses in the tank very much. He can be aggressive towards other fish at times, but I'll think about getting one a little later on. I'm kind of leaning towards a pair of False Percula Clowns to start out with.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
My tank has been looking good lately. I've been having some good coraline growth and my corals are doing great. I've starting to add some corals to my tank. Thanks to the generosity Oliver and Reefs4life I now have a small monti cap and some other SPS that seem to be growing and have some good color. Once I get some more cash I'm going to probaby get another False Percula Clown. I'll see if I can get some pics up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: