InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Really need to thank everyone, for their PMs, RBs, and phone calls, with their kind words and offers to help...I really appreciate it...Its what really sets this community FAR above any other. The worst part of the hospital stay was NO access to MR !
I heard they have WiFi, or you can use one of those smart phones.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I heard they have WiFi, or you can use one of those smart phones.
have to check on WiFi before my next visit...I worried that smart phones may be, too smart for me!

Hey Alfie Take your time.. The fish will need someone to feed them,,lol.. If you need any help I'll come up on a Saturday and do what I can for the day on me..

+1 ill come up on a Sunday and do what I can, on you (j/king)!
Thanks Guys...it's nice to know, that so many people are willing to help out! At least I now have a 'GOOD' excuse for the slow progress!

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
The slower you go the better it comes out,,lol..
Thats True! I'm trying to make the best of this time, and carefully reviewing all my plans...yesterday, I re-designed the Light frames to change the placement of T5s and LEDs, which will now, work out much better, and make access to the tank, for feeding and cleaning, much easier. So, maybe it's all for the better!

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
With thanks to Rick (NYreefNoob) I finally found my 'new' skimmer ... Euro Reef RC500...almost 3' tall with 3 Eheim 1262 pumps, slightly bigger than my present SWC octopus recirc. skimmer. Hope to install/test it this weekend...will have more pics!

Feb162010020.jpg

Feb162010013.jpg

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
it's a recirc skimmer that doesnt need to go in sump, but it will easily fit in his sump lol his sump holds more water then most peoples systems thinking it is 8'x3'x15"

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Wow thats a nice skimmer, did you get a good deal on it b/c hard to find in general
I'm told that new, this skimmer was almost $3000, so I think that I got a GREAT deal!
that's a serious skimmer. stupid question....is the sump wide enough for that thing?
As Rick mentioned, my sump can easily handle it, my present recirc. SWC Octopus is a little smaller, with a 10" wide body, and 2 pumps, versus the new 12" wide, with 3 larger pumps
That's some coffee pot you got there.
By doctor's orders...decaf. ONLY!
Looking great....I can see some serious water changes! Your by the ocean...right!
Those salt buckets go pretty fast...good thing sump has direct connection to house drain, so no water to haul!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: