Here's my solana!

aefc0359-c6d8-d08b.jpg

aefc0359-c6fd-59c9.jpg
aefc0359-c717-57e1.jpg

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
No, I didn't upgrade the pump. It's still strong enough for me and I actually don't notice the decrease in flow. I only have lps and softies anyways.

I was asking bc of turn over time. I would think that the slower turnover in tank volume from front to rear chambers would slow significantly, thus leaving the tank prone to wider temp swing ranges as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
anyone know what type of pumps i can get to replace the stock solana pump? mine keeps getting clogged up too quickly with cheato debris and causes micro bubbles.

Any pump bombarded with chaeto will clog. You'd be better served by figuring out a way to prevent the chaeto from making it to the pump and then you can continue using the MJ1200, which by the way is a very reliable, dependable, proven, quality small pump. No need to spend any cash replacing a good pump. I bet a small piece of eggcrate properly placed will solve your pump clogging problem.

Russ

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Any pump bombarded with chaeto will clog. You'd be better served by figuring out a way to prevent the chaeto from making it to the pump and then you can continue using the MJ1200, which by the way is a very reliable, dependable, proven, quality small pump. No need to spend any cash replacing a good pump. I bet a small piece of eggcrate properly placed will solve your pump clogging problem.

Russ
+1. Very true...

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
There are 2 for sale in, the for sale forum.
One is 350 the other is 500. The one for 500 comes with nice light.
Use the search function in the for sale forum.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: